Whenever we discuss any connectivity issues, we must have come across the term IP address. Though it is the passport to the Internet connection, millions of computer users do not know a lot about information technology topics.
You don’t have to know about it as much as an IT technician. But decent knowledge can help us understand more cool computer-network stuff.
Instead of waiting until you get into trouble with the IP address, why not learn about it now?
We are about to brief the most necessary information about IP addresses and 126.96.36.199 as well as their significance. We hope that it can save you much time searching around.
Our post below will deal with the problems below:
- What to know about IP address, IPv4, and 188.8.131.52?
- How to know whether your IP address is 184.108.40.206 or not?
- How to login the IP address 220.127.116.11 with ease?
- How can you connect several computers through a network?
And some tips to keep you connected all the time!
Let’s get started!
- What You Need To Know About IP Address
- What Do You Need To Know About 18.104.22.168?
- How Can You Know Your IP Address?
- How to Connect 22.214.171.124 Login and Password?
- How to Get Logged Into Your 126.96.36.199 Router?
What You Need To Know About IP Address
IP Address’s Significance
The IP part in an IP address is the acronym of Internet Protocol. It is a guideline that computer users should follow in a strict, specific way.
Meanwhile, the address part indicates the locations where you send photos, videos, emails, and data. You cannot do any online activities without this unique number.
Each IP address consists of 32-bit numbers. And they use it to identify a network and address it. There are also these numbers with 8 positions out of all the 32 bits. They call them the octets.
We can find IP addresses ranging from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255. And the range from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255 is the most popularly used at home.
IP Addresses Are Versatile
An IP address of a computer works as your residential address or phone number. It contains bits of information about your device location. Also, it makes connecting to your computer much more manageable.
With the same IP address, you always access the same computer.
All IP Addresses Are Identical
Any smart devices that can be connected to an Internet network have an IP (internet protocol) address. This device can be a mobile phone, console, printer, GPS, or computer.
Many professionals even consider IP address as the language of the Internet.
All IP networking software, regardless of their location, are all identical. It means that a smart device in Asia can communicate with a computer in Europe.
IP Addresses Are Universal
Whatever networking hardware or computer brands you are using, there is no difference in the IP processes.
- There are two types of IP address: a permanent (static) one and the one dynamically leased/assigned to your computer.
- They map most IP addresses to domain/host names.
- Domain Name Servers (DNS) handles the resolution between IP addresses and domain names.
- A lot of networks combine a TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) with an IP address establishing a virtual connection between a source and a destination.
IPv4, IPv6, and Dynamic IP Addresses– Which Are The Differences Among Them?
IPv4 and a new version called IPv6 are now two versions of IP address. The former is the standard recognized for IP address while the latter is an evolutionary upgrade.
They respectively use a 32-bit and 128-bit address scheme.
IPv4 or IP (version 4) address
An IPv4 or IP (version 4) address includes four numbers in the range from 0 to 255 separated by a single dot. 188.8.131.52 is an IP (version 4) address.
IPv6 or IP (version 6) address
The most recent version of IP consists of eight groups of four hexadecimal digits. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334.
Dynamic IP address
If each computer user had his/her own IP address, we could now have run out of options. So ISPs have dynamically assigned IP addresses for us to use them in rotation.
We do not always use all IP addresses.
As its name might suggest, dynamic IP addresses are temporary IP addresses. They do not offer the same address but assign users the next free IP address. It means that when you do not use an IP address, another will use it.
What Do You Need To Know About 184.108.40.206?
220.127.116.11 is an IPv4 address utilized by so many specific home use routers. Also, it is commonly recognized in the company manufacturers. Unlike other IPv4 you might see on the web, 18.104.22.168 is private.
People use it to get into their router’s administrative console. Bear in mind that we cannot use 22.214.171.124 on various devices at the same time.
If we use this IP address on multiple devices on the same network, we might cause troubles or system conflict. In the worst-case scenario, the network will slow down.
126.96.36.199 – Its Significance
They haven’t exclusively granted this network address to one or two router companies. Any router manufacturers can use it for local router configuration.
And you can easily change the router’s IP (default) address by accessing its administrator console.
188.8.131.52 IP address plays an irreplaceable role at any router’s initial setup time. Also, it helps recognize any problems related to Internet connectivity.
Other practical uses are performing the general network administrator functions, creating security settings, connecting to the modem, and configuring the Internet connection.
Some Detailed Information about 184.108.40.206 IP Address
They found the 220.127.116.11 IP address in Mecklenburg –Vorpommern – a state in the North East of Germany. Check out for more 18.104.22.168 IP location information below!
- IP address: 22.214.171.124
- Hostname: 126.96.36.199
- ISP: Kiez.Net
- Location: Mecklenburg -Vorpommern
- Country: Germany (DE) flag
- Coordinates: 51.2993,9.4910
- Longitude: 12.1333
- Latitude: 54.0833
How Can You Know Your IP Address?
You cannot take your home IP address with you. It will change every time you move from a location to another. Follow these simple steps below to check whether your IP address is 188.8.131.52 or not:
For Windows XP Users
Step 1: Find Network and Internet connections under the Control Panel folder in Click Start. Choose Network Connections and double click the left mouse button if you cannot find it.
Step 2: Find Support under the Status folder in the Local Area Connection icon. Here, you will see your IP address.
PAY ATTENTION! Select the Wireless network connection icon if your device is connected to Wi-fi.
For Windows 7 Users
Step 1: Go for Network and Sharing Center
Find Network and Internet connections under the Control Panel folder in Click Start. Then, click the Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose the “change adapter settings” in the task list.
- Right-click the Local Area Connection icon
- Go to Details in the Status folder. Here, you can find your IP address.
NOTE: Select the Wireless network connection icon if your device is connected to Wi-fi.
For Windows 8 or 10 Users
- Step 1: Open the Start screen by pressing the Windows Start key. Then, select Run on the Start Menu.
- Step 2: Search for ”cmd” in the box and select the OK button to launch the command box.
- Step 3: Type ”ipconfig” at the prompt, and press Enter key to see your IP Address.
NOTE: There is no need to choose anything on the Start screen.
- Step 4: Physical Address indicates your MAC address and IPv4 Address is your IP address.
- Step 5: Right click in the command prompt and select Mark to copy the IPv4 Address and Physical Address from the command prompt.
- Step 6: Use the mouse to choose the text you want to copy and press the Enter button to copy it. Now, the standard clipboard “paste” function allows you to paste the information elsewhere.
For Mac OS Users
Step 1: Open the Terminal
Terminal is a free installation by default on all Macintosh devices. You can find it under the Utilities folder in Applications.
Type Terminal in the search bar. Applications/Utilities/Terminal
Step 2: Use the ifconfig command
Once you have reached Terminal in the list, find Return key on the keyboard. Type ‘ipconfig’ in the command window and enter Return key to see your IP address next to the “inet” entry in Wi-Fi1 or et0.
Step 1: Open System Preferences
Find System Preferences from the Apple drop-down list after choosing the Apple icon.
Step 2: Select the Network icon
Step 3: Go to Ethernet or Wi-fi
Select either Wi-fi (for a wireless connection) or Ethernet (for a wired connection) in the left column. You will see your Ipv4 address in smaller print right beneath the connection status.
How to Connect 184.108.40.206 Login and Password?
They only use 220.127.116.11 IP address at home or in corporate networks. In the home routers, you need the browser on your PC to access the router’s management console – http://18.104.22.168.
Luckily, you can use most router and PC brands in a local network connection. However, to avoid any address conflicts, make sure to use any of the IP address networks in only one device.
How to Get Logged Into Your 22.214.171.124 Router?
Admin Password prevents your modem’s firmware settings from any outsiders’ accessing.
You should create a new username and password right from the first time using your router. And whenever you access its firmware, you have to enter them.
Are you trying to access your wireless router setup for the very first time? Or are you just making changes to your current Wi-fi password? All you need to do is to access the routers’ web interface.
It is more straightforward than what you might have thought. If you’ve found out your router’s IP address, it’s time to connect to your router’s administrative console.
- Step 1: Directly connect your router to your devices
- Step 2: Open a web browser.
- Step 3: Find the address bar and enter the default gateway number – in this case, 126.96.36.199. Note: There is no http:// in front of the IP address.
- Step 4: Enter the Admin Password and Admin Username to sign in your modem.
- Step 5: Select Apply or press Enter key.
Now, you must be seeing your router’s login screen. You can sign in and review anything from the previous setup.
- Some routers have the IP address written on the sticker at its bottom. Sometimes, you can find the default address in the router’s manual.
- In some cases, you might have to add a port number and a colon at the IP address’ end, for example, 188.8.131.52:443. However, most routers for home use don’t require this.
Why Can’t You Reach The Login Page?
Here are some common reasons:
- You might have an issue with your wireless router
- You might incorrectly enter the IP address
- Your Ethernet cable is not working right
- An issue with the hardwired connection configuration
- A hardware or software problem
- An issue with your computer’s IP address
Some Troubleshooting Tips
Now you’ve already known the reasons why you can’t see the login page, let’s see what to do in these situations!
If you cannot reach the login screen, someone might accidentally enter the gateway IP address under the network adapter settings. How to check? Follow some simple steps below:
- Step 1: Search for Network after opening Control Panel.
- Step 2: Choose the Network and Sharing Center. Then, View Network Connections.
- Step 3: Right-click on the network adapter to connect your PC to the Internet.
- Step 4: Select the Properties button.
- Step 5: Click on IP Version 4 and then choose Properties.
- Step 6: Re-do the previous steps to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Reset The Username and Password of Your Modem
What if you have forgotten the username and password of your router? You will have no other choice than resetting it to factory defaults. Fortunately, it is not a challenging task. You can choose one of the two methods below:
- Method 1: Press the reset button
- Method 2: Insert a pin/a toothpick/a needle/a paper clip into the reset hole
After resetting your router, try the administrator username/password printed on its sticker to access it.
- By now you have finished the wireless network settings. You do not need an active online connection to access your router settings.
- We recommend exploring all possibilities before trying to reset your router’s password.
- Once you have made or re-entered the username and details of your broadband, you will lose all settings. If resetting is the only choice, make sure to have those details to hand.
- Look the required holding time to reset your modem up in its manual. Before turning your router on, you will need to connect it to the mains.
- Wi-fi network configuration is only complete when you set a strong password and change its name to something unique.
- Stick a piece of paper with your router’s username and password, IP address, and Wi-fi password written on it on the router is not a bad idea.
Run Extra Checks
What if you still cannot access your router? Make sure that you have already disabled all software firewalls.
These might be a standalone free firewall application such as PeerBlock, AVS Firewall, ZoneAlarm, or Privatefirewall. Also, they can be part of your internet security or antivirus software.
The built-in firewall on your Windows PC will not cause any problem. You can disable it for a while to see if there is something wrong with it.
Also, don’t forget to check for parental control apps such as Qustodio or OpenDNS FamilyShield which can prevent you from accessing your router’s settings interface.
Some settings right in your web browser can cause an issue. To eliminate it, let’s try another browser!
Our Final Verdicts
So, you have gone through our article on IP address. Do you find it helpful? Can you now know what 184.108.40.206 means and how to connect your router to your smart devices?
If yes, then take your time to surf the Internet. Though you can connect to your 220.127.116.11 modem with ease, sharing the same IP address with others can cause malfunctions. You should avoid these unexpected cases.
If you have troubles customizing your 18.104.22.168 router or changing its previous settings, don’t hesitate to leave your comment in the box below!