192.168.100.1 is known as one of the most popular router login IP addresses. It is widely used in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Mexico, United States, Brazil, and Indonesia.
Perhaps this is the reason why there are a lot of people asked me about its information which is hard to find out on the Internet.
After learning very little information online and from some experts, I wrote this article for you.
- What is 192.168.100.1 for Precisely?
- The Advantages of 192.168.100.1
- How to Access IP address 192.168.100.1
- How to Connect to the Router 192.168.100.1
- Other Information About 192.168.100.1
- How to Do When Forgetting 192.168.100.1 Login Username and Password
- How to Use 192.168.100.1 as a Client IP address?
- Is 192.168.100.1 Web-Interface (administration panel) Essential?
- How to Log In 192.168.100.1 Quickly
- What Should You Do Solve the Error?
- Why Can’t You Connect to 192.168.100.1 (Xfinity Router)?
- Why Can’t You Connect to Modem IP 192.168.100.1 (Linksys to Huawei Modem)?
- How Did You Know the latest IP address?
- The Default User and Password of the Router
- Taking everything into account
What is 192.168.100.1 for Precisely?
When there is a wifi access level connecting to the Internet, 192.168.100.1 IP address may be the neighborhood facet from the relationship. You have to open your browser and enter http://192.168.100.1 into an address bar to access the on-board console of the router.
If everything is properly, you must enter your username and password. You can improve several solutions within the menus of the console.
The Advantages of 192.168.100.1
Thanks to the support of 192.168.100.1, it’s easier to manage network settings, more convenient to log in and install 192.168.100.1 IP by entering the password.
Here are what you can manage and edit:
- Network management options such as WLAN, WAN, LAN settings
- DNS and Proxy
- IP QoS
- DHCP client
- Network Security options such as encryption type and passwords.
How to Access IP address 192.168.100.1
192.168.100.1 is a private IP address that is assigned to any device on your local network. It is also assigned as the default IP address for some model routers.
You can manually assign this IP for any device on the local network which is configured to use this address pool such as a laptop, smart TV, mobile phone, computer, tablet, and Chromecast.
As I said earlier, this is the default IP address for some routers integrated to produce.
Note: It is easy to be confused 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.100.
Here’s the key:
The home network uses 192.168.1.x (like 192.168.1.1) rather than 192.168.100.x.
How to Connect to the Router 192.168.100.1
Administrators can log into a router through this IP address by accessing it as a URL address. In your web browser, enter the following address:
After accessing the above address, the browser will prompt users to fill in the admin’s name and password.
Administrators can easily change the IP address of the router from the default or customs numbers into 192.168.100.1. Some users prefer an-easier-to-remember address to this address to log in to the router.
Note: the majority of routers don’t use 192.168.100.1 as a default IP address. Instead, they use 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, and 192.168.10.1.
Set 192.168.100.1 as an IP address for a client computer.
Administrators can assign 192.168.100.1 for any device on your local network, not only with the router. This can be automatically done via DHCP or manually to create a static IP address.
To use DHCP, the configuration of the router must be 192.168.100.1 in the pool of the allocated addresses.
If a router’s DHCP range starts at the address 192.168.1.1, tens of thousands of addresses in this range with lower numbers like 192.168.100.1 are not used.
Administrators usually assign 192.168.100.1 as the first address in the range of DHCP in order to use 192.168.100.1 as well as 192.168.100.2, 192.168.100.3, and so on.
Due to the specific of a static IP address manually, the network mask of the router must correctly be set to support IP address.
Other Information About 192.168.100.1
Unlike a public IP address, 192.168.100.1 is a private IPv4 address. That means you can’t connect to a client device or any router outside your home network.
The use of 192.168.100.1 only relates to the local area network (LAN). When using this address, performance and other non-security are similar to other private network addresses.
So, you assign the IP address – 192.168.100.1 for only one device. Administrators shouldn’t manually assign this address when it is in the DHCP pool of router. If not, there will be a conflict. The router can automatically assign the 192.168.100.1 for a device, although another one has used it as a static address.
How to Do When Forgetting 192.168.100.1 Login Username and Password
If you forget your router login username, password, and router credentials, you are allowed to reset your router as the instructions below:
- In your router, let you locate a small pinhole, towards the back generally.
- You need to insert a small pin or similar things into the hole.
- You try to keep pressing within 15-20 seconds.
- Everything will start again.
- Now, you can log in with your default ID, username, and password.
- In case this way is not effective, please leave your comment below. I will provide you with other solutions.
- After resetting your router, change the wifi password.
The Solution When Forgetting IP Address
Face to the fact:
It’s very easy for the human brain to forget the IP address of the router. So, don’t worry if you forget the IP address. I have a lot of ways to solve this case:
- Check to return the IP address of the router
- Reset to return the IP address of the router. (This way requires you to find out reset button in order to press and hold it within 30 seconds.)
After resetting the router, your setting will return defaults that means what you changed will be cleared. Also, your IP address will be returned to 192.168.100.1 which allows you to enter in administration panel with default admin username and password.
How to Change Wifi Password
Follow the step by step below:
The above-mentioned IP address helps you log in to your router.
- You can log in by using the default credentials
- Let you go to set up for wireless security
- You choose security mode or leave it to default
- It’s essential to set up your pre-shared key (wifi password)
- Let you click to apply it
- You choose Reboot to go to management
- Now, you just need to wait until the process completes.
How to Use 192.168.100.1 as a Client IP address?
People use 192.168.100.1 to login in web-interface of the router. If you use this IP, you can control all the network settings of the router.
But, you are allowed to assign it to other devices on the dynamical network by using DHCP or manual network to form a static IP Address.
You should ensure that your 192.168.100.1 is in the range of addresses which it allocates.
Let you keep the starting address of DHCP as 192.168.100.1
It means that your IP address is used in place of other IPs.
Static IP configuration:
The network mask of the router had better be set up properly.
Is 192.168.100.1 Web-Interface (administration panel) Essential?
The administration panel is one of the most important things for each owner of the router.
To change the setting of your device, you have to completely learn details about Web-interface.
Data security is very important to keep everything away from hackers. That’s the reason why you should have 192.168.100.1 web-interface as an administration panel.
How to Log In 192.168.100.1 Quickly
There are 2 methods to go through this IP address:
This is the first way:
Directly copy and paste the address into the browser address bar.
Here is another:
Manually type the IP address into any browser address bar.
Wait, not stop here:
Do you have to think about why the number format is essential?
The number format represents the IP address. It is a special label which is assigned to a specific device in the network using Internet protocol and their format is IPv4 address and contains the 32-bit number.
Some devices are connected through the Internet with a 128-bit format, the possible number of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6.
Do you want to know about the development and in use case?
The IPv6 format of 192.168.100.1 looks like 0:0:0:0:0:ffff:c0a8:6401.
Take a look at some private ranges of IP addresses:
- 16-bit block (/16 prefix,256 x C) starts at 192.168.0.0 and ends at 192.168.255.255. Its no. of addresses is 65536.
- 20-bit block (/12 prefix, 16 x B) starts at 172.16.0.0 and ends at 172.31.255.255. Its no. of addresses is 1048576.
- 24-bit block (/8 prefix, 1 x A) starts at 10.0.0.0 and ends at 10. 255.255.255. Its no. of addresses is 16777216.
What Should You Do Solve the Error?
Sometimes you can’t reach the site because 192.168.100.1 is too long to respond.
You can try the following ways:
- Check the firewall and the proxy
- Check the connection
- Run Windows Network Diagnostics
In case you get the error while you connect to the router with an IP address, check the following causes:
- The router IP address is different from 192.168.1.1
- The router may be turned off
- The LAN cable may be disconnected
- The wifi or LAN may be disconnected
- The router firewall stops you to access the router
- The LAN or wifi is not properly set up (or it comes with malfunction)
- The router is malfunctioned
Why Can’t You Connect to 192.168.100.1 (Xfinity Router)?
I saw this problem in many forums of the Xfinity router.
Now, it’s time to discover the solutions:
- Press down on the hard reset button to reset the device. Reboot the router work as well.
- Hold the reset button over 25 seconds.
- Use the second PC in order to connect to the second port on the SB8200 with an access 192.168.100.1 and a static IP of 192.168.100.20.
- In case these solutions are not effective, you should contact the company to have a replacement for the router.
The majority of routers don’t use 192.168.100.1 as their default IP address, so it’s hard to find out solutions for problems related to this IP address. Instead, they use 192.168.10.1, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.0.1, and 192.168.1.1.
Why Can’t You Connect to Modem IP 192.168.100.1 (Linksys to Huawei Modem)?
As I mentioned, 192.168.100.1 IP is a private address and the administrator can use it. But, if you want to assign this IP on another modem device, it can be hard to connect sometimes.
Look at my solutions as follows:
Begin the process of power cycling the device by pressing and holding the reset button within at least 30 seconds in order to restart your device:
What should you do if you had rebooted the modem and it is still not working?
Please hold the recessed reset button on the back within 25 seconds.
How Did You Know the latest IP address?
In this part, you will know how to find out the IP address which you will work with.
In case you access from a Home windows procedure, you should go to the remaining base in order to open up the start menu.
After typing CMD into the search bar for Command, select the command prompt option.
Wait until the command window opens up, you can type in “ipconfig” and hit “ENTER”.
You should see an index of addresses along with the router’s IP address close to the Default Gateway.
The Default User and Password of the Router
Keep in mind the fact:
The router production organizations set all default username and passwords of the router. You can read this information in the user handbook or at the bottom. Also, you can refer to my checklist of the default user and password below:
IP address: 192.168.100.1
Username (password): admin (admin), user (user), empty (empty), user (password), admin (user), admin (password), admin (empty).
Taking everything into account
I answered most of the questions related to 192.168.100.1 from readers. Is it informative? Can it help you solve your problem?
If you have other questions, please leave it below. I will read and answer all of them soon.