192.168.1.9 is one of the commonly used IP addresses in the network. It has several great features that surely blow you away? Feeling excited and curious enough? Then what you are waiting for, jump right in to this article and find out everything about 192.168.1.9 IP address!
- Everything You Need To Know About IP Address
- What Is 192.168.1.9 Ip Address?
- What Is Exclusive About 192.168.1.9 Ip Address?
- How To Check If Your Ip Address Is 192.168.1.9?
- How To Get Access To Your Router With 192.168.1.9 IP Address?
- Common Problems Of 192.168.1.9 Ip Address
- How to Troubleshoot The 192.168.1.9 IP Address?
Everything You Need To Know About IP Address
What is the definition of an IP address?
If you use the Internet every day, the term “IP address” may be familiar to you, but have you understood it well?
In short, the IP address (Internet Protocol) means the protocol address of the Internet, similar to a home or business address. Hardware devices in the network that want to connect and communicate with each other must have an IP address.
What is the purpose of using an IP address?
IP address helps Internet devices distinguish and recognize each other, thus being able to communicate. It provides the identity of networked devices, similar to the location of a real home or business address.
It is also the same procedure used when sending data over the Internet. Of course, the process is very different and completely automatic. Instead of using a phone number, your computer uses the DNS server to look up the sender or destination (host name) and find that IP address.
The type of IP address
Depending on the purpose of use, IP addresses can be classified as:
- Public IP
- Private IP
- Static IP
- Dynamic IP
Both Public IP and Private IP exist as a dynamic or static IP.
You can find out what Internet Protocol your network falls into by check these following numbers:
|Class||Private Networks||Subnet Mask||Address Range|
|A||10.0.0.0||255.0.0.0||10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255|
|B||172.16.0.0 – 172.31.0.0||255.240.0.0||172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255|
|C||192.168.0.0||255.255.0.0||192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255|
That’s why we can confirm that your 192.168.1.9 IP address is private. About the trick to have this information, we will reveal it in the following sections. Without further ado, it’s time to dig deeper into the world of 192.168.1.9 IP addresses.
What Is 192.168.1.9 Ip Address?
192.168.1.9 IP is utilized to address PCs inside private home and small business networks.
192.168.1.9 is a class C IP private IP address as we have found out in the above section. This individual characteristic makes it unable to utilize the Internet. They exclusively reserve for private IP systems.
Home systems are commonly associated with the web through a single gadget on the system which has outside IP addresses noticeable on the Internet. All other addresses inside the network are in forms of 192.168.xx.xx and they can only be seen inside the network.
What Is Exclusive About 192.168.1.9 Ip Address?
In order to gain access to private IP addresses like 192.168.1.9 from the Internet, the application of Port Forwarding must be executed.
Port forwarding permits the mapping of an explicit port on your router IP address to a system address and port inside your private home system. Port sending could be utilized by numerous applications. It is famous for gaming and remote camcorders.
In return, in case 192.168.1.9 IP address needs to connect to the Internet, a proxy server or gateway is required to be set up.
How To Check If Your Ip Address Is 192.168.1.9?
If you are a Windows user, there are two ways for you to find out if your IP address is 192.168.1.9.
Method 1: Use Command Prompt
- CMD – Command Prompt is an application used to execute commands available in Windows.
On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Command Prompt window, then type in “cmd’ and press Enter.
- When you enter the Command Prompt, type the ipconfig command and press Enter.
- The resulting IP address will be revealed. If you encounter the 192.168.1.9 number, you can confirm that 192.168.1.9 is your computer’s private IP address.
Method 2: Use the Taskbar
- Go down on your Taskbar. Select the “Control panel”, followed by clicking “View network status and tasks”.
- Find the name of the internet connection and click on it to view the connection status. Continue to click on Details, find the row IPv4 Address.
- Check whether that address is 192.168.1.9, and if it is, you can make sure that it is your computer’s IP address.
Mac users, don’t worry! You are able to discover your IP address thanks to the service of Mac System Preferences Network configuration screen
- Systems Preferences is the first location you need to access your IP address in a Mac device. Scroll down the Apple menu and click on it.
- Choose the “Network” pane.
- Once you click on the “Network”, your IP address will be visible. Check the following screenshot image for more details.
In this case, the IP address found to be 10.10.10.92 , while in your case it must be 192.168.1.9.
Another way to discover your IP Address is through the Mac OS X Terminal
- Open the Terminal located in/Applications/Utilities/
- Type the accompanying order: ifconfig |grep inet
You will see something that resembles this:
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
inet6 fe80::fa1e:dfff:feea:d544%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
inet 192.168.0.100 netmask 0xffffff00 communicate 192.168.0.255.
Another option is inputting “ipconfig getifaddr en1” which reports back your en1 (typically remote) IP address. You can switch this to en0 for wired/ethernet as well.
Ipconfig, unfortunately, isn’t upheld in all renditions of Mac OS X, so we will not bring up that suggestion. Be that as it may, by utilizing ipconfig, you can likewise set your IP address from the order line.
How To Get Access To Your Router With 192.168.1.9 IP Address?
- First thing first, make sure your device connects to a stable Internet source; it can be either Ethernet or Wi-Fi due to your preference. You can always double-check by looking at the Internet icon on the desktop’s right-bottom corner. If it is securely connected, we are good to go!
- Select any web browser and open it. In the address bar, type in http://IP address, which in this case is 192.168.1.9, and hit the “Enter” button.
- You will be redirected to a new window where you must fill in your username and password to continue the process.
- Once you finish, the homepage of the router’s settings panel will appear. And that’s how you gain access to your router thanks to the 192.168.1.9 IP address.
Common Problems Of 192.168.1.9 Ip Address
Contrary to how easy the accessing router process was, is there a time when you have trouble with this IP address? What can be those problems and how to fix them?
Forgot Login Password of your router
We understand that you have a lot of things to remember in life and, unfortunately, your router password is not one of them. However, don’t worry because you can always change the current situation.
Every time you forget your router’s password, simply reset your modem. This action will bring back the original settings of your modem and the password will be reversed to the factory settings. In case you have no idea about factory settings, we will cover that part later on.
Once you reset your modem, your Internet connection vanishes as well. In order to maintain the log in process to the IP address, make sure to own an alternative Internet provider.
Router Login Page Not Loading
You have done everything correct from inputting the address format http://your IP address to hitting Enter. But why does the router login page deny your log in? Refer to these below reasons and see if your failure falls into any of them.
- Error typing. The number series 192.168.1.9 should be copied rather than typed manually as you can easily mess up with the numbers as well as the dots. Our advice is to copy the whole IP address number to ensure accuracy.
- In case you can still not log in to the login page despite the correct typo, the problem might go back to the Internet speed. Here are steps for you to manually check the Internet’s quality to see if it is qualified enough for the router login:
- Does the cable you currently use work properly?
- How stable is the modem?
- Are the lights repeatedly sparkling or not?
The last thing that can be used to explain your failed attempt is that your computer’s IP address is not 192.168.1.9 at all! Trust me, those numbers can be confusing in the first look. You can always scroll back to the section “How to check your computer’s IP address” and get yourself the answer.
How to Troubleshoot The 192.168.1.9 IP Address?
A few issues relating to troubleshooting are likely to occur when we deal with routers and IP addresses. We will prescribe a few strategies for you to make sense of the problem.
Remain using default Router Username and Password
As we have mentioned before, your password will be reversed back to its factory settings once you reset your modem. To put it simply, they are usernames and passwords that are straightforward and easy to remember.
In this way, if you are not good at redoing your password and username, it is okay for you to keep the default settings.
Reset our Router
Here’s a step-to-step guide on how to handle the router once you have reset it
At the rear of the router, there’s a little reset button.
Use your finger or a toothpick, and press onto that button. Hold it for roughly 20 seconds.
You should see some light changes on the switch, which shows the switch has changed back to default settings.
Next, log in again with the username and password written on the sticker at the base of your router.
Be that as it may, resetting your modem may bring about the loss of Internet, and your day by day Wi-Fi or Ethernet association is not, at this point, accessible.
Along these lines, we recommend this technique if you have an elective association for impermanent use when the other association is lost.
On the off chance that you don’t have adequate information to deal with this circumstance, if it’s not too much trouble, feel free to counsel specialists’ help or have professionals fix it for you.
And that is everything you want to cover about 192.168.1.9 IP address. Though it may seem to be distinct, this IP address maintains your computer’s network with other devices and connects to the Internet.
192.168.1.9 has proven to be one of the most active IP addresses. No worries can arise once you have this IP address settled in your computer to connect, to share and to prevent any harmful effects that can jeopardize your device.
If you feel the same way with us about 192.168.1.9 IP address, make sure to install this address and enjoy smooth internet processes every day.