You may have already known that each device among numerous devices has an Internet Protocol (IP) address. You also have probably known that not all existing IP addresses can (and must) be the same. What’s more?
We start from get insight into characteristics of 192.168.1.128 IP Address.
- What is 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
- How to access and login to admin panel of 192.168.1.128 IP address?
- How could I log in to the admin panel of 192.168.1.128 IP address if I forgot my username and password?
- How Can I Change My Router’s Password?
- How Should I Fix the Problem of Could Not Access Login Page of 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
What is 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
Before telling you what 192.168.1.128 IP Address is, I would like to brief some points about IP addresses.
What is an IP Address?
An IP address is a unique address.
“IP” is “Internet Protocol, for sure. The “address” means a unique number that is linked to what you do online. In short, an IP address is an electronic address for the returning of responses for all the online requests of yours.
One way or the other, your computer and/ or devices connect to the Internet. Whenever you are online, an IP address plays the vital role in delivering your requests (of emailing, shopping, chatting, etc.) to the right destinations, and ensuring all of your wanted responses or information to come back to you.
Your devices connect to the Internet indirectly: It first connects to a network being connected to the Internet itself and then grants access to your devices.
How different are IP addresses?
As mentioned above, not all IP addresses are the same. So, what are the differences of IP addresses.
Though an IP address is unique, it can be classified as either a public IP address or a private IP address. While a public IP address is used outside of a user’s network, a private IP address is used “inside” of a person’s network. Each public or private IP address can be either static or dynamic.
How do I know my IP address?
Well, the easiest way you may try is to type in the web browser a website address that allows you to know your IP address. For example, website whatismyipaddress.com is my favorite one. And, next times, just typing some first letters of the website address, the web browser will suggest you the website address to click on.
How do I hide my IP address?
Ensuring your security whenever you are online is always necessary. Hiding your IP address is one of the recommended ways for that aim.
I know four methods to help you fulfill this wish, as listed below:
- Using a VPN Service – this is considered the best way to hide your IP address because it is convenient, and it offers a bunch of advantages to users.
- Using the Tor Browser – this is the cheapest way to conceal your IP address. However, it is also the slowest way.
- Using a Proxy Server – please note that this way can put you at risks, sometimes.
- Using Free or public wifi – it means you should go to a coffee shop and using their wifi.
Among the four methods, users should use a VPN service as this is the best way to keep you secure when you use the Internet.
What is 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) takes the registration for 192.168.1.128 IP address. As earlier mentioned, there are public IP addresses and private IP addresses.
No organization (including your Internet Service Provider) is assigned with a specific private IP address. So, anybody can use private IP addresses and doesn’t have to ask for the consent from a regional Internet registry (under RFC 1918 rules). Such practice, sorry, doesn’t apply for public IP addresses.
192.168.1.128 belongs to the category of private IP addresses, is used only inside of a Private Network. For private IP addresses, you could not search for it on the Internet. Here are the reasons:
Within such a closed network like private network, instead of all the devices (i.e., computers, laptops, smartphones, etc.) connect to the Internet directly, and there is one public IP address for each device, the connection for devices will be through a central router. The router is assigned with one public IP address.
The router, to its turn, assigns a private address to each device on your network. The distribution can be done thanks to DHCP protocol. Then, each device can communicate with other devices within your network using those private IP addresses.
The router facilitates the communication of all devices of yours over the Internet, using the public IP address assigned to it. Thus, when you connect to the Internet, only the public IP address of your router is visible.
Usually, 192.168.1.128 is not the IP address set as a router’s default address (common IP addresses for routers are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1). However, it is possible that you change your router’s default IP address to 192.168.1.128 if you want.
How to access and login to admin panel of 192.168.1.128 IP address?
If you want to obtain the admin panel of 192.168.1.128 IP address, you should follow seven steps below:
- Open the web browser. It is usually better if you use the web browser’s latest version.
- Type the link http://192.168.1.128 in the browser’s address bar (please ensure to type the correct address of your IP). Then, press Enter. You need to wait for a little time so that the admin panel could load completely.
- When a page opens, you enter the default username and password for the IP address. Don’t forget to press Enter.
- In the scenario of successful logging in, there would be one new window opened. You would be given access to the interface of your router.
- Now, change your router’s default settings (i.e., network, security configurations, etc.) as you wish. You can also change the type of your devices’ internet connection, the network’s name, or have new devices added in such admin panel.
- Interestingly, you can do some experiments with the rate of bandwidth or transmission. And so on.
How could I log in to the admin panel of 192.168.1.128 IP address if I forgot my username and password?
Well, there are two scenarios:
- You have never changed the default username and the password.Manufacturing companies usually set fixed usernames and passwords for its produced routers. You can find information for the login in the manual attached with your router when you bought it, in online manual (some manufacturers may provide online version) and on the body of your router.Finally, you can log in to your account as normal steps.
- You have changed the default username and the password.If you could not stimulate your memory to recall what your changed username and password are, the easiest way for you is to reset the router.First, hold on the button for about 10 seconds (you may have to use a needle, a toothpick, or something like that to help you with this work).Now, you can look up the default credentials for your IP address 192.168.1.128 in the websites of router manufacturers.Thought it might be a little inconvenient if you forgot the username and password you have already changed for 192.168.1.128 IP address, you should change your router’s default username and password anyway. This is for your security, for sure.
How Can I Change My Router’s Password?
Changing the password of the router that you have just bought or you have just bought is the easy but critical job you can do for protecting your security. Now, follow the following guides step by step to be secure:
- Open your web browser
- Type in the URL of the IP address
- Input the username and password that you are using on the page being displayed
- Go to the part of settings
- Create a new username and a new password for your router.
- Make other changes if you want.
From now on, you can use the new username and the new password to log in to the admin panel of your router. Periodically, you should change the username and the password to ensure you are not at risks when going online.
If you forget your username and password, you know what to do, don’t you?
How Should I Fix the Problem of Could Not Access Login Page of 192.168.1.128 IP Address?
As above, there seems to be no difficulty in logging into the 192.168.1.128 admin panel in most of the cases. Sti, some users encounter some difficulties to carry out the logging in. In such a case, you should think of possible issues as below:
- Connection issue
- The drop-offs of signals
- The glitch of the firmware
- Downgraded-quality cables
To tackle such issues, you are advised to try some straightforward steps below first:
- Check your Ethernet cable to see if it connects properly.
- Have your router reset
If the issue persists after you have tried all you could think of, you may have to find someone professional to help you.
Because 192.168.1.128 IP address is a private IP address, you can only use it within your local area network systems. If you want to use your router to configure your devices or make changes to your devices within your network, you have to log into the admin panel.
To log in the admin panel of this IP address, you should type in the correct URP of its, enter the created username and the password. In the case you forget the username and the password, resetting the router is the easiest way to recover the default settings.
Within such a short article, I could not mention all things you may desire to know about 192.168.1.128 IP address. However, I believe that all the basics have been put in here for your reference. If you have any comment, please feel free to post it below.
Also, if you find this article is useful, please share it to the people need it. Thank you so much.