IP is now among the most commonly used term regarding Information Technology. We are introducing to you some brief, useful information about IP; then, we give you some guides regarding IP address 192.168.1.10.
All information will be under the form of answers for your possibly concerned points.
Now, we start with “IP.”
- What Should I Know about an IP Address?
- What is 192.168.1.10 IP address?
- Do 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.I.10 work for the same purpose?
- How Could I Log in 192.168.1.10?
- What Should I Do If I Forget My Router’s Username and/or Password?
- In What Way Can I Troubleshoot Errors of Router?
What Should I Know about an IP Address?
What is an IP address?
Well, IP Address is the abbreviation for Internet Protocol Address. Each machine that needs to use the Internet is assigned with a unique IP address. In other words, any machines or devices (including computers, printers, etc.) containing a network adapter has its IP address.
An IP address appears in the format of the dotted decimal number so that people can take note and remember it easily.
An IP Address looks typically like this – 10.0.0.1 (there are four parts which are divided by three dots in between.)
What purpose does an IP address serve?
Primarily, an IP address makes the machine using it be located when it is present on the Internet. You can imagine an IP address like a home address for your house or an address of your office in our physical world.
More than that, website owners – when they want – can track the locations of their web visitors, can figure out how much their websites are interested in, thanks to the IP address of them.
In case that the user’s ISP (Internet Service Provider) is asked to provide log records of its specific user(s), IP address(es) are also used. Interestingly, law enforcement organs can obtain details of name, contact, etc. of owners of some certain IP addresses who have illegally behave on the Internet.
There are some network sizes. So, are IP addresses classified accordingly?
You have asked such a sharp question. Well, not including Broadcast, Default, and Loopback IP Addresses, there is a total of five classes of IP addresses. They are:
- Class A (for the very large networks): contains IP Addresses that have their first octet in the range of 1 and 126.
- Class B (for medium-sized networks): contains IP Addresses having their first octet in the range of 128 and 191.
- Class C (for small-to-medium-sized networks): contains IP Addresses that have their first octet in the range of 192 and 223.
- Multicasts will be in Class D, in which a first, second, and third bit have the value of 1, 0 is the value of a fourth bit.
- Class E is for experimental purposes only. It is not much different from class D: value 1 for the first three bits, the value of the fourth bit is 1.
There is one type of IP Address only, right?
Oh, no. IP addresses can be of public or private IP addresses. A public IP address can be static or dynamic. The same is also true for a private IP address.
- The IP Addresses that are used “inside” of users’ network are private IP addresses.
- Public IP addresses, in contrast, are used on the outside of their network.
What should I do with my IP addresses to keep me secure on the Internet?
It is glad to know that you are aware of protecting your security when using the Internet. Generally, an IP address is so unique that anyone has it could get your personal information. The case could be even more dangerous if that information is obtained by hackers.
As you know, hackers are so skillful that they may harm any of their victims. For example, they can get the IP address of one internet user; then, they obtain and steal the user’s detailed personal information; finally, they may take advantage of having it.
In addition, hackers may also plant Trojans or viruses into their targeted victims’ computers. Some ways they can realize this is to send a link through chat applications or emails. If the victims click the link, they help the hacker log their IP addresses.
Therefore, please remember that anything you do on the Internet can be connected to the IP address you are using. It is useful to hide your IP address. You can do this by using some software (i.e., VPN).
Now, with all of the basic knowledge about IP addresses, we invite you to discover promisingly useful information about 192.168.1.10 IP Address.
We begin addressing the question:
What is 192.168.1.10 IP address?
First of all, you need to know that there are two types of IP addresses for any router. And, yes, they are different. LAN IP address is the IP address (used for the local network) and WAN IP address.
‘192.168.1.10’ belongs to the type of private IP address, meaning that it is the member of class C of the IP address range. The IANA – Internet Assigned Numbers Authority is responsible for registering it. 192.168.1.10 (since February 1996, and noted in Request for Comments 1918). IP address 192.168.1.10 is, of a standard IP for routers, accepted all over the world.
When you need to connect a private IP address to the Internet, you can do this through a proxy server. The IP address of 192.168.1.l0 can be assigned to personal devices of yours (i.e., routers, modems, webcams, DVRs) provided that they are in your local network.
To be short, here are three fundamental features of 192.168.1.10:
- It is a private IP address.
- To the Internet, it is non-routable.
- IANA reserves it for those are private intranets.
Do 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.I.10 work for the same purpose?
Ahhh, the answer is “No,” absolutely. You may find useful and relevant information when you type “192.168.I.10″ in search engines. However, it is an incorrect IP address (an IP address should contain numbers only).
Hence, next time when you type any IP address, you should check if you type it correctly. Wrong IP addresses can lead people to some harms for their security.
How Could I Log in 192.168.1.10?
To successfully log in the IP address 192.168.1.10, the first thing you must know is the way to find your IP address. We suggest two methods as below.
Method 1: a 2-step method
- Step 1: creating a proper router – device (of yours) connection. The connection can be either in wired or wireless.
It is rather convenient that you even don’t need Internet connection to access the admin panel of your router. The reason is that a private IP address is not accessible from the Internet.)
- Step 2:
- For Window users:
Opening the run dialogue box, typing in the letters ‘cmd’. This allows you to access the command prompt – a window that looks like a blackboard with some white letters.When you see the command prompt window popping out, type in the series of letters ‘ipconfig’, press “Enter.” You are now provided with a list showing all the connections that your devices are connecting with. Your IP address is also in the list.
- For Macintosh users:
Please find the Network icon of 192.168.1.10 in ‘System Preferences’ on the menu, click on it. You should now move to look for your network connection. Next, continue going to the “Advanced” option.Then, find to click on the ‘TCP/IP’ tab. You now can see the IP address of your router listed on the right-hand side.
- For Linux users:Go to system tools after opening the application.
Next, type in ‘ipconfig’ in the terminal, and press “Enter” button to get the IP address you are seeking.
For devices that are running on Android (or other operating systems), let go to Settings, find “Gateway” to get the IP you want to know.
- For Window users:
Method 2: Diverse techniques
Good news for you is that you can change your router’s 192.168.1.l0 IP address either by launching a CD that is for special setup or by realizing it through web- interface. What do you think would be the advantage of this method? Well, it ensures your security.
The second next things you need to do are as below:
Open the internet browser of your device, then type in the address bar the series http://192.168.1.10, don’t forget pressing “Enter.” You will be in the login page soon. Here, please input the credentials of your router.
Now, carrying out any of your adjustments regarding router software, security, network management, settings of WLAN, etc.
What Should I Do If I Forget My Router’s Username and/or Password?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Sometimes people may not remember even-important information (including their username and password for accessing many things). But don’t worry. There are at least three methods to help you reset the username and password of your 192.168.1.10.
- If you have no idea about what your username and password are, it is useful for you to search for this information on the router’s label. It is usually along with the serial number and the login address of your router. Because every router is printed an IP address on, if you could not find a tag with an IP address, you should contact your ISP – Internet Service Provider.
- It is possible that you have forgotten your password. In such a case, the easiest way is to find and press the reset button of the 192.168.1.10 router. It is usually in a hidden place on the router. You may need the help of a safety pin or needle.
- The reset is helpful because it returns everything to the default configuration. Then, you can get back your control. Another possible case is that you have not changed the username and the password of your router since the beginning. The reason may vary, and it seems to be no use listing here. Above all, you may get benefit from this habit (though it may affect your network’s security.)
In this case, you need only to search for the default username and password of your router. Usually, the username and password are “admin.” Some websites even provide a long list of usernames and passwords corresponding each model of manufacturers’ routers, which is convenient for you when searching.
Default usernames and password list of manufacturers’ routers showed by a website
Now, as you have the username and password for your router, all you need to do is to access its web-interface and implement your adjustments.
In What Way Can I Troubleshoot Errors of Router?
The first time of accessing wireless router setup, you have to access the administrative console of the router. Problems causing you not able to reach the targeted login page are various.
The most common issue – Cable connection
Sometimes, because of the rush, you forget to create the connection between your 192.168.1.10 router and your computer. Then, you could not connect to the login page and get worried or even angry. Thus, you should stay calm, check your connection before spreading any complaints.
Don’t Ignore The Powerful Weapon – Manuals for Routers’ Users
Whenever you encounter trouble in your router, an easy, clever, and cost-saving way is to go through the user manual. It is provided by your router’s manufacturer. Even if you lost the manual, you can go online and search for it, using the model number of your router.
Check if IP Address typed correctly?
Let check whether you typed 192.168.l.10 or 192.168.1.10 in the URL. Please remember that the latter is the correct one.
Resetting your router, give it a try
After efforts for anything you could think of but still could not obtain internet connection, you should consider rebooting your router. Then, if you still cannot access the Internet, please call your ISP.
See also ip address: ip.192.168.1.1
Well, we put so much hope in this article that we could make you aware of the benefits of knowing about the IP address 192.168 l 10 of your router. There may be many things you want to know, but we still could not have mentioned. Let comment on what you want to know further, and we will consider how we could help you.
If you find this article is helpful for someone, please spread it to them. If you have any other idea to share, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.