If your Ubee router has some problems and does not work, or you just cannot remember your password, you can reset it to set it back to the default mode. And that’s why you need to know how to reset Ubee router.
So, today, we are going to introduce to you three easy and quick methods to reset your router, which are:
- Use the device’s admin interface
- Use the Reset button
- Use the 30-30-30 reset
Let’s check them out now!
How To Reset Ubee Router?
Solution 1: Admin Interface of Ubee router
Now let us show you the first way to know how to reset Ubee router. You can use this method when you meet these requirements:
- You can access the Internet
- You know your router IP address as well as the admin username and password.
In case you cannot remember your Ubee router IP address, username or password, you can try these tips I mention below:
- the most common Ubee router IP address is http://192.168.100.1/.
- If you have never changed the Ubee admin username and password, try “user” for both username and password blank field.
Once everything needed is prepared, follow these next steps:
- Start a web browser. It could be Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and so on.
- Go to the IP address.
- The Login interface appears. Type the admin username and password, then click the Login button.
- After the main Ubee admin dashboard shows up, choose the Status field.
- Choose User Default, which is the last section on the left of the screen.
- There will be the Factory Default interface. At here, click Yes at the part Reset The System. Wait for a few seconds and your reset is completed!
If you forget username and password, or you cannot get access to the Internet, this must be the ideal way to try.
Depending on your Ubee router model, some Reset button is put in a small hole, so you need a paperclip or a small sharp object with a similar shape to press the button.
- Find the WPS/Reset button. Normally, it stays at the back of your router and is hidden in a small hole so that users can avoid pressing it by accident.
- Use the paperclip/ or hand (depending on your router model) to press the button and hold it for at least 10 seconds.
- The Power light will blink after you let the button off.
- Wait until the light is solid. Then, your reset is done.
Solution 3: The 30-30-30 Reset
This is another know-how to reset Ubee router that requires physical access to it. Let me show you now:
- The first step of this method is exactly like the second method, which is locating the Reset button.
- Press and hold the button for 30 seconds.
- Unplug your Ubee router while still holding its Reset button and keeping it for another 30-second. After that, your reset is finished! v
Before trying resetting your Ubee router, there are some notices that you must know:
- Resetting your router will delete every configuration change or current settings that you have set up on it, no matter which brand of router you use.
- If you cannot remember all of your Ubee router’s current settings, remember to write them down or note them somewhere.
- If your router still does not work after resetting, there will be two cases:
- The first one is because of your Internet Network. In this case, contact your Internet provider to know about the problem.
- Second, your router may be broken. So, you should have it repaired or consider buying a new one.
Differences Between Reset and Reboot?
This may seem obvious but we bet that many of you still cannot distinguish these two definitions.
About Reboot or Restart, it is just simply turning off your router. You can do it by pushing the Power button or unplug your router and then plug it back. You can do it through the router admin interface, too.
Another feature to differentiate Reboot/Restart with Reset is that rebooting or restarting still enables you to keep your current settings.
Well, we all know that resetting can fix almost every problem when your router not working. However, as we have mentioned earlier, it will delete your settings, and we think that it is pretty annoying for you to reconfigure them.
That’s why resetting your Ubee router must be the last choice for you.
So, before thinking about that, please try rebooting or restarting your router first. That is a much faster and convenient way to fix some small router errors.
When You Should Reboot/ Restart Or Reset Your Router?
After reading about the differences between these two ways to fix your router, you must wonder in which case should you choose to reboot/restart and vice versa, right? Therefore, we’re going to answer this question right away!
You should reboot/ restart your Ubee router when:
- Your wifi cannot work or accept other new connections
- After blackout
- Your devices can connect with the wifi but cannot get access to the Internet or any webpages
- Not using the router for a long time
- Any unusual network errors
- You cannot go to your Ubee router website interface
Any other problems happening with your router’s configurations and settings, please change to reset them. Or with those cases above, if you still cannot fix them by rebooting or restarting the router, choose to reset them, too.
Related Post: How To Reset A Router
We have gone through three ways of how to reset Ubee router, right? And, choosing which one depends on you.
We hope that after this article, you could confidently deal with your Ubee router’s problems without any difficulties. Perhaps you could become the router-saver!
Last but not least, thanks for reading our instruction on how to reset Ubee router. If you find it useful, don’t forget to share it with others! Good luck!