Have you ever wondered “How do I change my wifi password Spectrum?” when you find out that there are too many neighbors connecting to your password as it can be easily guessed.
And that problem will be easily solved if you apply the method that we are introducing to you today.
So, it’s high time for you to change your wifi password, adding a more secure layer to your network. Let’s check it out!
How Do I Change My Wifi Password Spectrum
Changing your Spectrum wifi password is actually really simple as you can do it yourself at home and don’t need to ask for help from the Spectrum Customer Service. Let us show you guys the main three steps of this process:
Step 1: Change Wifi Password Spectrum
In case you have only one wifi router at home or you’re not sure and forget the password, you should use an Ethernet cable to connect your PC or laptop to the network.
Once your device gets access to the Internet, you can alter your old wifi password effortlessly. And, here are the steps that you need to do:
- Go to the IP address http://192.168.0.1 on your browser.
- Log in to your router with username and password.
- Look at the menu options and look for the section to edit your wifi. This section name could be SSID, Wireless Network or Gateway Name.
- Enter your new password. The password field probably in the WPA Key.
- Save the new password.
Great! You now have changed your WiFi password. Let’s come to the next step.
Step 2: Check Current Wifi Information
At this step, please go to the Spectrum official website to get current information and settings about your internet package in detail. There are two ways for you to do this.
The first option to access the information is to use the Manage Account. Simply click on the Manage Account tab. Then choose Services and select the Internet. This will open the information you need to make sure your current WiFi settings are correct.
Second, you can enter your network information by using My Internet. You will have to log in with your Spectrum credentials. Next, choose the My Internet tab, and then, click on Manage WiFi Settings to view your network settings.
Step 3: Default Credentials
Default credentials are must-have information when you need to change your WiFi password. However, don’t panic if you can’t find them or don’t remember them as there is an easy way to fix this problem.
Every router that is sold for you always has a sticker with the default network name and password on the bottom. So, you can look for them without any difficulties.
In some situations, the technician gave you a separate note with information about your default credentials. Another tip for you when you still cannot find this information, feel free to call the Spectrum toll-free number for assistance.
Why I Need a Strong Password?
As you can see, cybersecurity is currently a headache issue and draws a lot of special attention from society because cyber criminals and hackers are becoming more and more skillful and dangerous.
If you set a weak and easy-to-guess password, they can easily hack your wifi password, and then steal your information. In the worst case, they can hack all of your other passwords based on your wifi’s.
So, it is extremely important to keep your accounts, especially your home network secure with strong passwords. We all know that no system is unbreakable.
However, a strong and solid defense will increase your chance of sending cybercriminals to other easier targets. Be careful, and always take the warnings into considerations.
How To Set a Strong Password
Your “How do I change my password Spectrum” question has been answered. However, it’s pointless if you change from a weak password to another weak one!
Another matter when it comes to setting a strong password is that you’re scared that you cannot remember it, right?
That’s why we will help you to create a super-strong password, which is familiar to you and hard-to-find for others.
- Choose something close to you, it can be someone’s name or special day with only you, but remember that it must be between 8 and 16 characters.
- It must have at least one capital letter, and one special character such as @, $, &, and so on. Your new password has to be totally different from any other password that you used to set before.
- Don’t repeat one character three times in one password, for example, Spectrum444.
- Don’t set every password of different accounts as the same.
- Keep your password in your mind. Don’t write it anywhere as well as don’t send it to anyone through the Internet.
- Don’t use those too common words like “password”, or “Spectrum”. They are the first ones that hackers will try.
- Don’t use a password related to your personal information such as name or date of birth.
- Don’t use adjoining characters on the keyboards such as asdf, and 1234.
- Remember to change your password once every 30 to 60 days.
In this article, we have instructed you how to tackle your “How do I change my password Spectrum” problem. Besides, we also show you how to protect your security during your using your wifi as well as the Internet.
We have to say that no matter what kind of brand routers you use, you all need to set a strong password for it, making it become your hardened defense for your security.
Last but not least, thanks for reading this article. Please remember to follow those tips to protect yourself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!