The default password is the essential piece of information of any tool or technology products, including Konica Minolta’s products. It is also considered as the standard of the device.
If the customers don’t change the default password after the first-time login to the device, your data is at a huge risk.
The problem could be more significant if this case happens in an organization.The information is both essential and confidential, which can cause serious problems once leaked out.
- What is Konica Minolta Default Password?
- What is Konica Minolta?
- When Should We Reinstall the Default Password?
- The Important of Machine Administrator
- Set up a Password for Konica Minolta Printer as Admin
- Security Function
- Account Tracking and User Authentication
- New Technology from Konica Minolta
- FAQs: What Happens If You Lost Your Default Password?
What is Konica Minolta Default Password?
We can understand that default password is the administration password which producers including Konica Minolta provide to customers. The default password will be used for the first time setting and installing the machine.
The common default password used for bizhub series provided by Konica Minolta is 12345678. For new model, it can be 1234567812345678.
Along with the admin password, Konica Minolta also provides service mode password for the bizhub machine. It is 9272927292729272, and 92729272 for C3350/C3850 model.
Several websites will provide Konica Minolta default password, even username of each type of device and version. The dangerous situation from these websites is cracking and hacking.
We cannot deny that people love a free thing. However, in this case, free thing will become a massive loss to the organization. Next step we can see the reason why.
What is Konica Minolta?
Konica Minolta is a famous office tool producer from Japan. They were two separated companies named Konica and Minolta, in 2003, they merged.
There are two famous series of products we will discuss in this topic. First is Bizhub known as the multifunctional peripherals, and second is the Konica Minolta Printing solution.
When Should We Reinstall the Default Password?
Immediately right after your first log in.
The default password is usually used for every machine from a producer.
That means if you do not change your password, unauthorized users will take advantage of that default one for their own intentions.
There is a member on the Reddit page who used to ask the community how to get access to the school’s printer. The printer here is a Konica Minolta Bizhub 363.
His situation was that he used to have access to school printer’s network through IP address normally used for school’s employees.
However, one day he could not log in to the network. That was because the school’s IT had updated the active accesses and changed passwords, and manage them.
This boy tried to connect to the network by using Konica Minolta default password which is 12345678. However, it did not work.
Based on the example above, we can clearly understand how the default password is so important, and we must manage it carefully. In this situation, the school’s IT had done his job excellently.
Let’s move to next most important part.
The Important of Machine Administrator
Konica Minolta default password is created to support the admin or the owner of a machine to manage the Bizhub and printer.
Konica Minolta has a big warning that the owner must take full responsibility and control on the machine. This mean, the owner should be the administrator, and he needs to find an operator administrator.
The default password is essential to operate and fully control the machine. There is no one but the primary administrator of the device can have it.
The administrator needs to check the Job Log (audit log) date frequently to determine security or any errors happening during the operation process.
If the Job Log data is exported to other devices, the owner must make sure that the task only can be done by the owner or the administrator. You certainly do not want your private data to be used for illegal purposes.
Set up a Password for Konica Minolta Printer as Admin
The administration should take full responsibility for managing and controlling the machine, along with making sure there is no unexpected problems with the operation process.
During using, either online or offline, the administrator must track every detail of in and out accesses on the machine. Daily or weekly checking is required to verify or point out any faults or any changes without permission.
Four critical factors that an administration must take under control include Administration Password, Encryption Key, FW Update (USB Password), and User Box Password. These passwords must be difficult to guess.
The password should be changed after every six months. Moreover, the administrator needs to recheck the accesses and do some activities, for example delete inactive access, limit the number or priviledge of each access.
Installing the Enhanced Security Mode will verify the security function of this machine.
A password must follow the Password Rules. The machine does not accept the setting of a secure password if a wrong password is entered.
When password authentication from one to three times or more, depending on set by the owner or the administrator of the machine. The device will not approve access because Prohibited Functions When Authentication Error
By avoiding the password entry process, the machine prevents unapproved use or alteration of data, thereby ensuring the security of the device.
When setting the Encryption Key, the data should be saved in the HDD. However, the Encryption Key does not stop the HDD from being removed. Make sure to operate properly.
The underlying theory of this machine toward security is “to guard data that can be unveiled against the purpose of users.”
The following types of model data saved in the device and made accessible for use by its users are protected with the method.
- An encrypted document dispatched to the machine using a provided printer driver and an IC card from the client PC and gathered in the machine
The next types of data saved in the HDD are preserved when the use of a wired device is ended at the end of the leasing contract, the engine is rejected, or when the HDD is stolen.
- Encrypted document
- Scanned image files
- Image files different from Encrypted document
- Image files of jobs in the line state other than Scanned image files
- Data files left in the HDD data space used as image files and not deleted through the usual deletion operation
- Temporary data files created during print image file processing
Next, the most interest part is coming. The amazing thing of being admin.
Account Tracking and User Authentication
When Should We Use Account Tracking?
Account tracking is often in use when your workers enter their code and password to use the machine. It secures information and is quite easy to use. This program will save the time for administrator.
Cancel Other User Jobs
When any authentication is turned on, the default protection setting is to prevent users from deleting anyone else’s jobs. The only way to eliminate the works of others would be the user who sent the posts to the printer delete its.
To correct the error set for any user to remove tasks from the queue, follow specific steps after you have turned on your authentication frameworks:
- At the machine, you press the Menu button.
- On the screen select Utility.
- Choose “Administrator Settings” and enter
- The admin password when prompted.
- Choose system settings.
- Choose Restrict User Access.
- Choose Restrict Access to job settings.
- Choose Delete Other User Jobs and select Allow. Select OK to save the settings.
How to Track, Edit and Manage the Account Online?
Type in the IP section of your machine into the address bar of your web browser.
- Select Administrator and click Login.
- Enter the admin password
- Click on User Auth / Account Track.
- Click Account Track Settings.
- Click New Registration.
- Start Use Opening Number choice selected, then enter the password double.
- Insert the title of the account.
- Select whether or not to tackle color output if enrolling the account on a color device.
- Choose the highest adjustment on the account if you want. If no limit is needed then leave the Total Allowance benefit unchecked.
- Tick OK at the end of the screen.
- Tick New Registration to add the next access.
- When finished attaching new accounts, click Logout at the head of the screen, then OK, to deliver the device from Admin Mode.
- To edit a current account, ticks on the Edit button next to that account. You can change the password on the report, change limitations on color output, and change the ends on color or black & white printing/copying.
- To Delete an account, tick the Delete button next to that account and confirm when mentioned.
How to Manage And Control Konica Minolta Bizhub Online?
- The Internet is making everything more accessible. New modern printer producers include Konica Minolta provides firmware available through a web page and correlating IP address from a computer network.
- Within the program, a network administrator can change, rearrange network, edit printer, advanced setting such as security and access controls.
How to Install?
Step 1: Acquire the IP address for Konica Minolta Bizhub, and then you turn on your bizhub. Push down the “Utility/Counter” button on the keypad. Press the “Admin Management” on the touchscreen. Then, the printer will require a password. Using Konica Minolta default network is “12345678” and type to the password table. Press “admin 2”, next is “ Network settings, then “Basic settings,” and finally is “IP address Settings.” Write down the IP address shown next to “IP address settings.”
Step 2: Open a web browser on your computer connected the same network with Konica Minolta printer. Then, you type the address from step 1 into the address bar of the browser. The firmware of Konica Minolta appears on your screen.
Step 3: Log in to the page. Then, look for the administration form which is generally on the top of the page. Use Konica Minolta default password “12345678” for “Administration password” and then click “log in.”
New Technology from Konica Minolta
These products also are bizhub series. They are bizhub C451 – C550 – C650. We will not discuss the new fabulous design but the new security feature which can improve protection, distribution, and control.
Konica Minolta has updated the password protection, encryption, and HDD sanitizing to a sophisticated Biometric Authentication option. These features indeed recognize the unique physical characteristics of each person.
The new design is impressive with a protective function such as IP filtering, SSL/TLS encryption, achieve ISO 15408 EAL 3 Certified System Security, and can remove jobs without a trace.
The function of erasing without trace can be the most impressive new security function. The program was designed base on U.S military standards for the army, Navy, and Airforce.
FAQs: What Happens If You Lost Your Default Password?
#1: Forgot Admin Password, the Machine Version Is Bizhub C252. How to Reset to Default Password?
- We can do as the follow steps.
- Press Utility or Counter
- Choose details
- Then press Stop 0 – 0 then Stop 0 – 1, then you can connect to your Tech Mode
- At the same page, press Stop 0 – C
- Modify admin password and retype your password and then exit.
#2: Konica Minolta Bizhub C3350 – How to Reset Administrator Password?
- To solve this problem, we can do as following:
- Press Menu
- Then press counter
- Then Keypad
- Stop – 0 – 9 – 3 – 1 – 7 . Do nothing at this step.
- Then leave the machine for five minutes or more.
- After 5 minutes, the access lock will be released.
#3: Resetting Admin Password for Konica Minolta C3850
- Choose menu
- Choose counter
- Then choose Display Keypad
- Next, press Stop – 0 – 0 stop 0 – 1
- If the machine requires password, press either 92729272 or 9272927292729272
- The machine will start automatically in Service Mode
- Press stop 2 – 2 – 2 – 0 – 0
- At this stages, click “administration password,” setting your password.
The article today has provided comprehensive information you should know about Konica Minolta default password, security function, and default network function.
I hope this simple guideline will give you new information, knowledge, and ideas to solve the machine’s problems.
If you have anything to request or want to share your own experience, please feel free to share with us.
Thank you for your reading.