The 192.168.0.50 is one of the public IP addresses cited by the internet service provider- D-link manufacturer. It allows business network uses to communicate with other internet-connected devices. Once you have found this network IP address, you can totally alter the network speed to handle your work.
However, it is a big problem to anyone who has little knowledge about IP addresses as the issue doesn’t stop at the first stage like login. Thus, let us show you!
- What is 192.168.0.50 in Route Panel?
- Why Private IP Address Should Be installed More than Public IP Address?
- How to Access the IP Address 192.168.0.50?
- How to Fix When You Forget the Password or Can’t Access the Wifi?
- How to Change the Password in the Case of Being Attacked by Hackers?
What is 192.168.0.50 in Route Panel?
An IP address is a formatted number for a network hardware or device which uses them to communicate with each other via IP-based networks such as the Internet. Even if you’ve been introduced of IP addresses before, there is a possibility that you don’t know how many categories there are. In spite of the fact that IP addresses are created from both numbers and letters, not all of them are applied for the similar purpose. The 192.168.0.50 is a typical example that plays a role as a standard default IP address. In other words, it is a private IP address. It reserves for internal use and completely isolates from outside networks.
Why Private IP Address Should Be installed More than Public IP Address?
Instead of every device using public IP addresses with limited supply and unstable connection, private IP addresses provide a completely separate set of data, still allowing access on the network but not taking up public IP address space.
For private IP address, the connected devices are not limited, but on the public IP address just a certain numbers of appliances are allowed. The private IP address is not monitored and unrestricted, so it is impossible to locate a user’s computer geography with the private IP address.
Another reason as helping the database to be more secure also rises the need of private IP address.
How to Access the IP Address 192.168.0.50?
As different operating systems require different applications to seek the IP address, checking the configuration of your device, especially your computer or laptop, is essential when you want to know which way best suits your system.
The examples below can give you some hints:
- For Windows operating system, it is necessary to open ‘Command Prompt’. After that, you should enter the code “ipconfig” to see this IP address.
- For Linux operating system, after opening ‘Terminal’, you should enter the command “hostname –I”. The last stage is to continue with code “ipconfig”
The next step is confirmation. The device will ask for login ID, which consists of password and username. This information is often set with route panel. Usually in the login device, the manufacturer has set up a default account that is easy to remember and you can completely check the account information on the back of the device. By filling in your information, you can easily have Internet connection.
How to Fix When You Forget the Password or Can’t Access the Wifi?
Reset new password
After a period of using Wifi, you or someone else changes your password and forgets that you can’t find your account. Don’t worry, reset the modem. This will help you recover the default password to restore it to factory settings. After you have logged in the modem with the correct information, you will be taken to the device management page. You need to reset the new password, new username and tune your network settings.
Check the sticker
In case that you just let your password slip from your memory without any changes before, please check the sticker at the back of your router. The IP address 192.168.0.50 includes both username and password.
If the sticker blurs out, please contact us to recover.
How to Change the Password in the Case of Being Attacked by Hackers?
When you use the wifi network, there are phenomena such as slow loading process, lag issue or even inaccessibility. Certainly, you may be the victim of hackers from outside. All you need to do is have your password changed. It is necessary to modify your password regularly with the purpose of protecting your device from unauthorized access.
The simplest way to get out of this dilemma is opening your browser. You need to log into the modem in your browser by using the IP address 192.168.0.50, then login the account via the password you are using.
Once you are on the admin page, you need to acquire the password settings in the following order: Wireless> Wireless Security Setup> Pre-Shared Key> Show Password.
After that, you only need to change the password, then select “OK” to confirm and complete the changing process of the password. The password should be capitalized first letter, longer than 8 characters and includes numbers.
- Private IP addresses as the 192.168.0.50 can not communicate directly with the public IP address. So if the device has a public IP address connected directly to the Internet, the device will not have a network connection.
- If the private network of households, companies, colleges is connected to the Internet, each computer will have a private IP address. In this situation, users can switch flexibly between private IP address and public IP address.
- Time is restricted during the period you log in. So please be careful since you must have filled in information incorrectly. If time is out, you need to reset.
- If you receive the message that your information doesn’t fit with IP address but you have checked precisely the username and password, the current IP address may encounter an error.
Now you have got all things figured out about how the private 192.168.0.50 IP address operates in route panel. It is available and can be accessed free once you have a successful login.
If there is an error that can not be solved after following these instructions, you can contact us via email and we will support you as much as possible.
Any feedback will be replied soon, so don’t hesitate to send your recommendation to us.