With the 192.168.3.1 IP address, things will get easier from the beginning. Whenever you buy a new wifi modem or a wireless router, the first thing is to set up and make simple adjustments to the default settings.
Whether you have a technician do it for you or not, it is crucial that you are able to do it on your own. Knowing what 192.168.3.1 is about will help you a lot.
How to login to 192.168.3.1?
To access Admin control, there are two types of connection: wired and wireless. However, we recommend that you use wired connection since it provides a faster and more stable connection. Use a LAN cable, or some of you are familiar with Ethernet cable, link one port to your devices like laptop or desktop and the other to the port on the modem or router.
In your computer, head for Internet Connection on the bottom toolbar to your right hand side or in Settings. After that, make sure you can find the name of your modem, tick the Connect Automatically square and click Connect. This is the first basic step so you cannot miss out.
What to do next is to download and set up some common internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox. If you do have them in your device, you can skip this step.
Next, open a browser, scroll to the search bar and type either 192.168.3.1 or http://192.168.3.1 and press Enter. Sometimes you will have to refresh the page by pressing F5. Don’t panic, be patient. Remember to type the exact dot and slash, or the link becomes invalid and directs you to an error page no matter how many times you refresh it. Do not type 192.168.3.1 in bold text.
Now after you are directed to the Admin area, you will be asked to fill in the admin and password bars. Don’t worry, type the commonly used admin accounts as follows:
If logging in fails try some username and password at 192.168.1.1 may be helpful for you.
Since these are the only default accounts, you will have to change password and username later for your more personal and secure use.
After you type into those bars, press Enter or click Submit to get to the panel field for Admin. Here you are free to adjust some settings such as IP, routing and DNS.
What is 192.168.3.1 IP address?
IP address or Internet Protocol Address is used to identify network interfaces and address users’ locations.
There are dozens of IP addresses out there that are directed to certain routers, which can grant you access to your router interfaces without internet connection. The IP address 192.168.3.1 is one of them.
192.168.3.1 is the preset address for access to router interfaces. It is the IPv4 address for a private network that can be used for a home router. It is also a common IP address, utilized by some known brands like Amped, Amped Wireless or Huawei.
How to change default settings of your router with 192.168.3.1?
To change wifi name and password (SSID), you are not required to be some kind of high-tech. You just only need to take some steps:
- Open internet browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Type ‘192.168.3.1’ or the full http://192.168.3.1 into the search bar and press Enter
- Type the default username and password in the Admin field
- Find the More Settings (or the same option) on the menu bar and click on it
- Find the Management (or the same option) on the menu bar and click on it
- Select Change Password (or the same option) and click on it
- Enter your new username and password
- Save your new settings
- Disconnect and reconnect with the new account.
Choose the password that is strong enough. If You don’t want to share your internet , think of a password that includes alphabets, digit numbers and special characters. Here are some password preferences:
Some weak passwords examples: 12345678, abcdefg, etc. (easy to decode)
Some strong passwords options: abcd1234efg, 13ghdsde, etc.
Password length: password must include eight characters or over.
How to troubleshoot related issues?
What are the common issues?
You realize that sometimes things will not work the way you want. Don’t worry as we have a list of some common problems with your router’s IP address:
- You forgot your login password. Solution: try to reset your router to default factory setting by inserting a pin into a tiny hole in the back of the router, gently press the pin and hold for 30 seconds. It should come right as new .
- Login page does not load. In this case, you simply need to check if you are using the exact IP address or type the link exactly.
- Page loading has issues with speed. Solution: you try to switch to another cable.
- Otherwise, if the above still don’t work try to contact the manufacturer or the maintenance service.
We hope that you are happy with our tutorial. There is much more information that we want to provide you, but we must say here is the end of our guide.
The 192.168.3.1 is a commonly used IP address, so you can find as much information about it as you can. To ensure the best effects of this IP address, as well as the internet connection and your browsing experience, follow our steps closely. We have provided you with some very basic knowledge in our setup guide. Good luck with your choice and use.