You want to login to your brand new Sonicwall router, but you don’t know what Sonicwall default password is? Sonicwall routers require admin login to adjust setting managements like other routers from different brands.
However, do you know how to get a Sonicwall default password? Then what can you do to start setting your router? If you don’t know exactly what they are, don’t worry! This article will provide you with all the necessary information about the Sonicwall router default password.
What is The Sonicwall Router?
Before finding out what Sonicwall router is, let’s walk through a brief introduction about Sonicwall. Sonicwall is one of the top security companies in the world which was established in 1992. Sonicwall produced various Internet appliances mainly aimed at content control and network security. The most outstanding product from Sonicwall is the Next Generation Firewall with state-of-the-art technology and useful features, which helps to protect the security of every enterprise or organization.
Sonicwall router is an indispensable device that can connect other devices in one network and help to send data packages between computers, cell phones as well. Most Sonicwall routers are identified by the default IP address of 192.168.168.168. There are some cases that Sonicwall routers have the following IP addresses: 192.168.0.3; 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.254.
IP address stands for Internet Protocol, which enables you to connect to other devices via the Internet. Similarly, devices on the Internet are distinguished by IP address. You can send data packages to the right device you want if the IP address is correct. If not, data packages would be wrongly sent to other computers/cell phones/networks.
What is The Sonicwall Default Password?
Before you start making changes with your Sonicwall router, you have to log in to the Sonicwall router website. So Sonicwall default username and default password are all you need.
But you don’t know how to find this information, do you? Let us answer that question for you.
Sonicwall default username: admin
Sonicwall default password: password
It is straightforward to remember, isn’t it? To continue, let’s see how vital the Sonicwall default password is!
Why Do We Need A Sonicwall Default Password?
As we have mentioned above, the default password is required to login to the Sonicwall router’s web interface. To be more specific, the default password is aimed at controlling the operation of your Sonicwall router. In case you have not changed your password yet, the Sonicwall default password will make your network safer and prevent your router from being hacked.
Now, you’ve learned some necessary information about Sonicwall default password, let’s continue to read these step-by-step guidelines below to find out useful tips regarding Sonicwall router and its default password.
Some Useful Tips About Sonicwall Router And Its Default Password
1. How to login a Sonicwall router with its default password?
When you have known your IP address and the default password, it is much easier to access your admin page. Stick to 3 steps below to log in to the Sonicwall router website successfully.
- Step 1:
Open your Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge,…and enter your IP address: 192.168.168.168
If this IP address can’t load, please try other IP addresses we have mentioned like 192.168.0.3; 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.254.
- Step 2:
After finishing step 1, this interface will appear. Type your default username: admin and default password: password and press Enter.
- Step 3:
Now start setting anything you like with your Sonicwall router.
2. How to change my IP address to protect my network?
If you want to change your IP address to make your system safer, here are four steps you should follow to alter your gateway successfully.
- Step 1: Admin login your router’s page
The first thing you need to do is to open a browser and then type your default router username and password.
- Step 2: Open the primary setup tab
Although the location of this tab can vary from different routers, it is still easy for you to find.
- Step 3: Change the numbers in the IP address.
You should change the last two digits in your IP address. You can use any integer between 1 and 254 and make it harder for other people to guess your router’s IP addres.
- Step 4: Click apply and then wait for your router to reboot
After finishing selecting your IP and have written it down in the space, click the Apply button and wait for your router to reboot. After that, let’s check out your new IP address.
3. How to reboot my Sonicwall router?
Rebooting a router means cycling the power to it. Follow these step-by-step guidelines to reboot your router:
- Step 1: Unplug the power connector in the back of your router and plug it back in.
- Step 2: Wait for about 30 seconds for the router to reboot.
4. How could I find my IP address if I forgot it?
In case you have changed your IP address, but you don’t remember it, we have useful instructions for you to get it back. There are various ways to find your IP address:
- Press the Windows key and R on the keyboard. Then a run prompt would open.
- Type cmd and press Enter. A command prompt will appear.
- After finishing step 2, type the following command into the box: ipconfig | find /i “Gateway” and then click Enter.
- Now find a series of numbers which starts with 192.168. So you have got your IP address.
- Click on the network icon and then choose Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Click on status and then click Change connection properties.
- Scroll down, and then you see a line: IPv4 Address. This is your IP address. It is effortless to follow, right?
5. How to change my default password if my router is not from Sonicwall?
Changing the password can vary from routers to routers; however, it’s a similar process.
- Step 1: Log in to your router’s interface website.
- Step 2: Inside the router’s dashboard, you will find a box named Advanced. Then click on Administration.
- Step 3: Now you see the box Set Password. Change your password and make sure it’s difficult for strangers to guess.
Some routers even support Password Recovery, so we highly recommend turning it on in case you forget your password without the need to reset all your settings.
Frequently asked questions about Sonicwall router
1. What should I do if I forgot my login data?
You have changed your login information but you do not remember it? It could be even worse if some strangers changed your password without you knowing? This problem is keeping butterflies in your stomach, right?
Don’t worry because we are here to help solve your problems. Let’s try to reset your router with these instructions below!
Here is the 30-30-30 router reset instruction:
- Step 1: Look for the reset button on the back of your router. Press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds (make sure you have turned the router on).
- Step 2: While pressing the reset button, you unplug the router power at the same time.
- Step 3: Keep pressing the reset button for 30 seconds. After that, you plug in the router power again while still holding the button.
- Step 4: Continue to press the reset button for another 30 seconds. Only after 90 seconds, you have successfully reset your router to default settings. Now you only need to type your login credentials and successfully access your router.
2. What should I do if I still can’t access my router with the default password?
You should try to reset your router. Make sure you stick to our instructions correctly to revert Sonicwall router to its default settings. Otherwise, there is a likelihood that your router is damaged or out of order. In this case, you should ask for help from technicians or replace your wireless router with a new one.
3. How to know my actual internet speed?
There are a lot of speed-test tools online but we recommend trying these two websites below:
http://speedtest.net: This web is flash-based but entirely accurate.
https://speedof.me./: You should also try this HTML5 speed test. The result brings more accuracy than the first one.
4. What should I do if my router stops working for a while after my setting changes?
Somehow your router stops working after making new settings? Don’t worry too much. Just try to reset your router with the 30-30-30 instruction mentioned above. Your router will soon work well again.
1. Make it more difficult for strangers to guess your password
Password plays a vital role in increasing your router’s security. Therefore, after accessing the Sonicwall router’s interface, you should change your default password into a long and unique one to disable cyber attackers
Don’t use your phone number or your birthday as a password because it is incredibly predictable. That would make it much easier for cybercriminals to hack and then steal your information.
2. Never share your public IP address
Just share your IP address with someone you trust. Your IP address is your identity on the web. So it would be risky because a stranger can find out your location based on your IP address, let alone your physical address as well.
3. Control the numbers of users connecting to your router
Allowing too many people to connect to your WiFi would make the speed much slower and allow cybercriminals to steal your data information. As a consequence, you should limit the number of users trying to log in to your router’s network.
The first method is to place your router in the central area of your house or place it under your bed. That will not only keep the signal from reaching your neighbor’s realm but also boost the speed of your network.
Another technique is switching off the “Broadcast SSID” feature on your router. That would hide your network from the public and limit access from other people.
4. Enable network encryption
To enable encryption for your router, you have to log in to your router’s interface first. Now look for the wireless security settings. You will see a list of security options to choose. If your devices are out-of-date, you choose WEP. Otherwise, you should select WPA2 for the best experience.
This method helps prevent other computers in the area from using your WiFi.
Now you have reached the end of this article. We are glad to provide you with the necessary information about the Sonicwall router and Sonicwall default password. For further assistance, you can either leave a message on the website of Sonicwall or leave a comment in the section below. Good luck, and thank you for reading!