We believe that out article will be the answer for you question “How to find IP address on Chromebook?”. Chromebook is a kind of laptop that runs on Chrome OS. These devices usually work their best when they are connected to the Internet. Still, sometimes, for some reason, you have to find their IP address. In this post, we will show you some methods to find the IP address of your Chromebook, or even change it.
How To Change The Mac Address Of Your Chromebook
At first, you have to be in the developer mode. You must keep in mind that your Chromebook will be invulnerable mode while doing this because some levels of security may be eliminated. The who process can erase almost everything of your Chromebook, so make sure that you have made a duplicate of all the vital files.
After completing all the steps above, you should open the designer Crosh or Command Shell. The chrome program is the tool for you to do that. Press Ctrl+Alt+T keys at the same time. By doing this, you can open the command lines of the Chrome program.
At this process, you can adjust the MAC address of the Chromebook gadget by typing these codes above at a wifi connection.
- sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
- sudo ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55
- sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
- While doing this, the internet will be disconnected and it will immediately reconnect when everything is completed.
With the Ethernet, the commands for the Chromebook gadget are:
- sudo ifconfig eth0 down
- sudo ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55
- sudo ifconfig eth0 up
These are all the ways for you to briefly adjust the Mac address of your Chromebook while in developer mode. At the point when you reboot your Chromebook, the Mac address will return to the first Mac address since it’s doled out to the system gadget.
These steps above are very crucial whenever you need to change the MAC address of your Chromebook or in many cases you want to reset your Chromebook for some certain reasons
How To Find Ip Address On Chromebook?
Finding the Mac address of the Chromebook is not so complicated as you think it is. To begin, just look for the profile picture at the right corner of the Chromebook. Then, click it.
- After that, click the Gear symbol, it will take you to the settings of Chromebooks.
- In Settings under Internet Connection, click on the Wi-Fi that you are utilizing, and click it again afterward. Then, Wi-Fi data of Chromebook
- At this point, you’ll see a crate that contains all your Wi-Fi system’s data. Hardware address is the spot that shows the Mac address of your Chromebook.
Above is not the only way for you to find the Mac address of the Chromebook, now we will show you an alternation in case the first method somehow fails to work.
- Open the Google Chrome program.
- In the next step, in the location bar, and type in chrome://framework, then press enter.
- When the Chrome Program window pops up, you will see the “About system information details” of the Chromebook
- Find where it shows ifconfig. After that, click the Expand button
- When you are connected to the Internet through WIFI , scan the screen until spotting the line with the phrase “ wlan0”, on the right of the word”ether” goes the mac address.
Still, if even this does not work for you , here’s the third and last approach to find the Mac address on your Chromebook gadget.
- Double click the profile picture at the lower right hand corner.
- Then t, click on your web association, this opens a system box demonstrating your associated Wi-Fi and other WIFI around you.
- Next, click on the letter I in the dark hover alongside the apparatus symbol in a similar Network window. You can see the IP Address and WIFI , that is your Mac address number
Now, you’ve been informed about how to discover the Mac address on your Chromebook. So, How about we proceed onward to the following part? Let us show you the ultimate methods to modify the Mac Address on your Chromebook gadget.
How To Change Ip Address On Your Chromebook
With a VPN, you can counterfeit the IP address of your Internet. Using a VPN literally means that you can fake the location of your Internet connection.
- Go to your Internet Connection Settings simply as we did in the principal approach to discover your Mac address.
- By means of the Internet, you will have a connection. When you see where it says Add connection click the plus button. At this point, select OpenVPN/L2TP.
The data of your VPN will be required for the next steps. In case you have already got one, simply get the essential data and continue to set it up on your Chromebook. Here is another thing to remember, there will be some free VPN suppliers or numerous mainstream paid VPN specialist co-ops accessible on the web. Choose a suitable match.
Then, looking for the differences among services, make sure that the providers which hold privacy can receive an appropriate article.
When you’ve entered the necessary data, mark off the Save Identity and Password to effectively interface with the web through your VPN later on. Once that phase is completed, choose the button “connect”. If the association with your VPN built up, you’re able to go online secretly.
It’s just as simple as that. Pick one of three different ways to find the Mac address for your Chromebook. Regardless of whether you need it for reference or you’re simply inquisitive, you currently realize how to do it. After that, check the command shell so that you can modify the Mac address of the Chromebook when you are in the developer mode.
A VPN is also very helpful when you want to hide your real location for the sake of your privacy. All things considered, here and there it feels like protection doesn’t generally exist across colossal pieces of the web, yet there are still ways for you to amplify the measure of security that you can get your hands on.
Well, have you managed to help you know how to find IP address on Chromebook? We hope that our advice can meet your demand. Keep following our website for more useful information.