Canceling your NordVPN subscription might be tricky since different register methods require different ways of cancellation. This article will give you instructions on how to cancel NordVPN through various types of devices and channels. You just need to find out the most suitable way for yourself.
How does NordVPN work?
NordVPN is a provider offering users virtual private network services. It provides desktop apps for macOS, Linux, Windows, and mobile ones for iOS and Android operating systems, as well as an app for Android TV. Its manual setup is also available for NAS devices and wireless routers.
NordVPN is considered one of the best VPNs recently since it offers excellent security features, fast speeds, strict zero-logs policy as well as a large number of servers such as P2P, double VPN, and dedicated IP addresses.
No matter if you are streaming, torrenting, or need double security, the service allows you to maintain your privacy at best.
NordVPN is operating more than 5000 servers in about 60 countries, and at the time you read this, that figure may have increased.
Useful information: Reveal facts about VPN
How To Cancel NordVPN Via Different Channels
Cancellation of NordVPN service can be a bit complicated. Depending on your sign-up method, you will need to cancel it in a similar manner. NordVPN membership can be canceled through some channels mentioned below:
Using NordVPN’s Website
- Step 1: Access the NordVPN official website
- Step 2: Click “Payment”
- Step 3: Click “Cancel Subscription” at the page bottom
- Step 4: Provide an explanation for unsubscribing
- Step 5: Tap the “Continue” button
- Step 6: Hit “Continue” again, and then click on “Cancel My Subscription” to confirm your request
You can write an email expressing your need to cancel the subscription and send it to the NordVPN Customer Support.
- Step 1: Compose a message telling them you want to stop your membership.
- Step 2: Provide related detailed information of your account
- Step 3: Deliver it to support@NordVPN.com and wait for their reply.
Using Google Play
If your NordVPN account was created via Google Play Store, it would need to be canceled at the same site.
- Step 1: Sign in your Google Account
- Step 2: In the left corner, choose “My Subscriptions”
- Step 3: Hit “NordVPN”
- Step 4: Hit “Manage”
- Step 5: Click on “Cancel Subscription”
On iOS devices
If you asked for a NordVPN subscription using an Apple device, canceling will need to be conducted via an Apple device, too.
- Step 1: Open app settings on your device
- Step 2: Tap on your registered name, then click on “Subscriptions”
- Step 3: Choose “NordVPN”
- Step 4: Select “Cancel Subscription”
If you do not see the mentioned “Subscriptions” in Step 2, click on “iTunes and App Store”. Enter your ID and hit “View Apple ID”. The Subscription will show up after you sign in.
- Step 1: Click on App Store application on your device
- Step 2: Look for your name at the sidebar bottom then tap on it for signing in
- Step 3: Tap on “View Information”
- Step 4: Scroll down the page until you see “Subscriptions” button
- Step 5: Hit the “Manage” button
- Step 6: Choose “Edit” next to the word “NordVPN”
- Step 7: Click on “Cancel Subscription”
On Apple TV
Canceling subscription on Apple TV will require an iPad or iOS device.
- Step 1: Tap “Users & Accounts” in Settings
- Step 2: Choose your account
- Step 3: Hit “Subscriptions”
- Step 4: Select “NordVPN”
- Step 5: Tap on “Cancel Subscription”
If you face any difficulties when canceling your NordVPN subscription, contact Apple Customer Support or Google Play Store for more support.
How To Cancel And Request For A Full Refund
A common question among NordVPN users is, “Can I get a refund from NordVPN?”. As far as I know, NordVPN offers a refund for their users, provided they cancel their subscriptions within the first 30 days. After 30 days, you will not be able to ask for it.
When you first sign up for NordVPN, it seems as if only the 3-year package is eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee. Actually, all plans offer the same option; therefore, you do not need to pick a longer period if you do not want to.
Below are the recommended step-by-step instructions to help you ask for your refund.
Hit the icon illustrated by three dots near the “Change Plan” option. Choose “Cancel automatic payments”.
After clicking it, a different screen will show up, asking you if you would like to continue cancellation. Clicking the button will not cancel your membership immediately. It will only stop the automatic payments, meaning you will still use the service until the next payment cycle.
After your confirmation, it can be assumed that your refund is processed. But that is not the case. You have to make a refund request through live chat or an email form.
Live chat is a quicker option since you can speak with a real human agent. First, hit the chat icon, which is the speech bubble found in the right and at the official website’s bottom.
Then you will see the FAQ section where users can send their questions. Enter your name, your email address, and give a short description of the request. Hit the Start chatting option and wait for the reply of a customer support staff.
All you can do now is TO wait for them to process the refund. Most of the time, the process may take no more than ten days. If your payment is conducted using PayPal, you just need to make sure your automatic payment is canceled there, too.
Since NordVPN has good customer service, you do not have to worry much. Among the tips on how to cancel NordVPN provided above, find the right way for you, and cancellation is not complicated at all. Thank you for reading! I hope you find this information helpful!