The IP 192.168.200.1 is known as the Default Gateway of a router. Using this Gateway address, you are able to make some changes to your home network.
To access the admin page type
192.168.200.1 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default Logins for 192.168.200.1
How to Access 192.168.200.1 IP?
Now you know the basic information about the http://192.168.200.1/ IP address. We will continue to teach you some simple steps to get access to your home router.
#1 How to Access?
After you access the IP address, you will work with a dashboard. That is an ADMIN dashboard of your home router in which you can make changes for either your network or your device’s settings.
To config many devices that are connected to your local router, you have to log into a dashboard. This is the administrator dashboard of the 192.168.200.1 IP router. Following these steps, you can access the administrator page of that IP.
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer. Make sure that this browser runs the newest version. In case the version is old, you can access the browser company website. Then find the newest version and click download to update.
- Step 2: Input 192.168.200.1 on the URL bar and press enter to move to the identification page.
- Step 3: The identification site will ask you to type the username and password. After finish typing, press OK to continue.
- Step 4: When you are done with the identification process, the ADMIN dashboard will appear, now you can start modifying things of your home network.
- Step 5: If you want to set a limited number of devices to access your router, you can do it here.
- Step 6: You can adjust the kind of your internet connection from vice versa to dynamic or static in the dashboard.
- Step 7: You can give your network or bandwidth a new name or even change the WLAN password. All steps are now done!
#2 How to Find Your Router’s IP Address?
In case you have changed your Internet Protocol and want to check it again, you can follow these steps to find the router’s IP address.
- Step 1: Open the “START” symbol on the left side under your screen. In another case, this “START” symbol may be the “WINDOW” symbol. Then find and start the search tool.
- Step 2: In the search tool, you type 3 letters “cmd“. Then choose and open the app “Command Prompt”.
- Step 3: At the command window, simply type the word “ipconfig” and click ENTER. The code will run quickly (in some computer models, the process may take a few minutes) and give you a series of information.
- Step 4: Although there is a lot of information, you don’t have to pay attention to it. Just find the line that says “Default Gateway“. The IP address of your home router stands right next to it.
#3 How to Change Your Router’s IP Address?
For personal purposes, you may want to change the router IP address. If you still don’t know how to do that, you can refer to the following steps.
Please keep in mind a thing: Changing the IP address will not make any changes on your router, as well as network features and settings.
- Step 1: Open the browser and access the ADMIN dashboard with the default IP address. Then input the username and password like those steps above for the identification.
- Step 2: On the dashboard, find and press the “NETWORK”. After that click on “LAN”.
- Step 3: You will now see 3 different options: “MAC address”, “IP address” and “Subnet Mask”. Of course, click the “IP address” to do your wish.
- Step 4: After changing the IP address, don’t forget to click save. Or else you will lose all settings that you have made.
If you reset your WLAN modem, the private IP address will automatically come back to the Default Gateway.
What is 192.168.200.1?
IP 192.168.200.1 is a special Internet Protocol used widely in private houses, companies, buildings or clubs. Although it can not connect straight to the information server, it has the ability to modify your home network setting such as Wireless Network, ADMIN Dashboard, and so on. As a sequence, all electronic devices will use this IP while getting access to the Internet.
To put it simply, if your home network (router or modem) is the source of the WLAN signal, then the IP 192.168.200.1 is the address for you to get in and control that source. If your smartphone or laptop catches the WLAN signal from your router, then it will connect to the public network under that router IP.
Being used for private networks, this IP address is well secure. For example, when you access this IP to set WLAN passwords, no one will be able to catch your WLAN signal to access the Internet unless they have those keywords. Moreover, you can control all activities of the devices that use your home router. That helps you to know who is using your Internet without your permission.
Why is 192.168.200.1 So Popular?
As we have known, this Internet Protocol can guarantee the security of your network. Thus, it is commonly used in all types of private houses and organizations in order to avoid leaking out secret information.
Another great thing that makes this IP popular is that it can support users to adjust the default network settings. Whenever you want, you can log in to the ADMIN dashboard to change WLAN passwords, the username of the router, and so on. Especially, you can even modify your IP address!
Furthermore, the IP address 192.168.200.1 helps your router or modem to work better. While there are plenty of different public IP addresses outside that require an Internet connection to access, this IP router can be accessed directly.
Some Troubles You May Get With 192.168.200.1
These steps sound quite easy to do, don’t they? But in fact, you may still encounter some issues while trying to access the network router. From here, we will explain to you these problems and also give you the corresponding solutions.
1. You Have Forgotten The Username And Password
This is a common issue that most people may have with the router. But don’t worry because here are some ways to get them back.
- See The Back Of The Router: When you purchase the router, it will come along with a user manual. This guide shows you the necessary information about your network. Surely you will find the username and password there.
- Find The User Manual Of Your Router: Typically, there is always a sticker under the router. Check it and you will find 3 most important things about your network: The IP address. the username and the password.
2. Your Default Gateway Is Not 192.168.200.1
Each router has its own IP address. Normally, those IPs will be given by the manufacturers. Therefore, if you try to access the dashboard with the 192.168.200.1, you may not do successfully.
Thus, you can find your router IP address by following our instructions above or check the sticker under your router.
3. You Can Not Log In To The Router With The Computer’s Browser
As we have said to you, you should upgrade your browser to the latest version. So that you can start modifying your network settings.
In case you have already upgraded it to the new version and still not be able to access the router, then you should try using another browser. Hereby, we recommend you to use some trustable ones such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and so on.
It is great to understand the IP address 192.168.200.1. After this article, you now know what a private IP address is, where it is used and how to control it.
Besides, you can also make changes to the WLAN network by accessing your home router. Just by following a few steps above, you may see that it’s just a piece of cake?
If you are still unclear about any matter related to the IP address 192.168.200.1, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will always be ready to explain everything to you. Lastly, thank you for reading