We believe you have more than one time seeing a 22.214.171.124 IP address. It is such a waste if you don’t know its real-life application. In fact, with this IP address, you can access your WLAN router and do many more great things.
How to Log in 192.168.0.11 IP Address?
Having basic knowledge about 192.168.0.11, we will now move on to learn the way to log in that address.
Logging in the x.x.0.11 address means accessing your router. Of course, you will have to identify yourself in order to have permission to make changes. So make sure that you have 3 most important things ready: the username, the password, and the private address.
OK, if you have done with the preparation, then follow our steps to start the main job.
- Open a website browser on your smartphone or computer. The browser should belong to trustable brands such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc. Don’t forget to update it to the latest version.
- Copy and paste the http://192.168.0.11/ on your link bar. Wait for about 5 – 15 seconds, you will see a page that asks for your identification.
- Now you have your username and password, just verify yourself by typing them in and click OK.
- Wait about 5 seconds for the identification to work. If the username and password are wrong, try to verify again. Otherwise, you will be moved to a ADMIN dashboard. On this dashboard, you can set up all things for your router configuration.
- With this tool, you can both set a limitation for electronic appliances to get into your modem or modify the form of the IP (Static to Dynamic).
- To rename your WLAN network, you will also need the help of this Administrator dashboard.
- Besides, whether you want to control the activity of your network, you can do it here as well.
What is 192.168.0.11?
In general, 192.168.0.11 is a private IP address. In some cases, it can be known as the Default Gateway of your WLAN router. Now, to put it more specifically, we will dive deeper into the details of it.
What is a Private IP
Before learning the x.x.0.11, you have to understand what a private IP is first.
A private IP (private Internet Protocol) is applied widely in individual houses, buildings, firms, organizations, malls, etc. This IP address is not linked directly to the NET server, but it allows you to make changes to the local area network. Some kinds of common networks that you may already know are WLAN, local area network, and so on. These networks will use their private IPs to work together with the public IPs, connecting you to the Internet.
To put it simply, a private internet protocol is an IP address that is only used in your location. Getting access to that address, you will be able to put your router or modem under control. When your smartphone or electronic devices catch the WLAN signal from your router (or modem), they can get access to the public web under the router’s private IP.
Because no one except you can monitor your network’s activities, you can see that this address has a high security level. Besides, you are also able to make a decision on which device has permission to catch your WLAN signal. For example, you can log in to your router and set secure keywords for the WLAN. And then if other people do not know the keywords, they can’t connect to the web server under your router’s name.
Structure of a Private IP
Understanding the definition of a private IP, we will continue to learn about its structure.
Typically, individual IP has three ranges: Class A, Class B, and Class C. These ranges are given by IANA (Internet Number Issuing Organization)
The 192.168.0.11 belongs to Class C. Systematically, the IPs in this range will have the formula: 192.168.x.x with x runs from 0 to 255. In fact, the difference in the x does not create any effect on your router. On the other hand, we can say that the address can be modified. But we will talk about this point later.
Normally, a local IP exists as Static and Dynamic. You are now wondering what is special about these two forms, aren’t you? The truth is, each form works exactly as its name describes:
- Static IP: You set the address manually on your device. And that address will not modify after time.
- Dynamic IP: the IP address adjusts itself automatically. This process is under the control of a server called DHCP.
Note: If you want to use Static IP, you have to purchase it from the Internet provider.
To sum up, 192.168.0.11 is a Local Internet Protocol that belongs to Class C after the standard number issuing by IANA. This IP can be a Default Gateway of your router. More specifically, you can access this address to do a lot of changes for your network. Some great things you can do with it are changing the WLAN password, setting a limit number for the devices to connect to the router, observing the network activity, altering the X.X.0.11 from Static to Dynamic, etc.
What if You Don’t Know the Username and Password?
As you have known, we need a username and password to get access to the 192.168.0.11 IP address. Because you are a fresher in this job, you may not know where to find them. On another side, you have forgotten them after a while. Don’t worry because we will show you 3 tips to find these identification keys.
Look at the Instruction of Your Modem
When you receive the modem box, there is always an instruction manual that comes along with it. Open this instruction, you can see many important details of the modem. Especially, it will tell you the default username and default password.
Check Out the Stamp that Sticks Under the Modem
Right under the modem, you will find a stamp. This stamp tells you all the basic things about your network. Some useful information that you can get are the date of manufacture, model number, Default Gateway, and of course, username and passwords.
Call a Network Technician
In case you want to be careful, you can call a network technician to find the verify keys for you. This work is quite easy to do so you will not have to pay much money for the worker. In some situations, the technicians even do it for free.
Inability to Access to the Router
The way to access your router isn’t always easy. Sometimes there are unexpected problems that make you unable to log in to the IP 192.168.0.11. Why is it so? How to fix that? We will talk about it right now.
Your Browser is Not Compatible
Like we have said above, you need a trustable browser to get access to the private IP. Some good browsers that we advise you to use are Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
In case these browsers don’t work, probably you have not used the newest version. To update it, you have to go to the browser company website. Find the newest version and download it to your computer. After the download is completed, open the file and install the new update. Then you are ready to go.
Your IP is Not 192.168.0.11
Above, you have learned about the structure of a private IP. We have also said that private IP can be changed. Now is the time to talk about that!.
Your IP is in the class C. So that means, your IP will have a form 192.168.x.x with x stands between 0 and 255. To find out what is your real IP now, you have to follow our lead:
- Move your mouse to the “Window” symbol on the screen and open it up. For the old window version the symbol can be the “START” instead.
- Turn on the search bar. When the search tool comes up, input these 3 keys “cmd” to find the app support “Command Prompt”
- When “Command Prompt” appears, you will see a black board with nothing but a link that requires a code. At this moment, write the key “ipconfig” and tap ENTER. Depending on your computer version, this board will take much time to load.
- When the code completes running, you will see a series of numbers. But you don’t have to notice them all. Just find the line that has “Default Gateway” written. Right next to it is the IP you are looking for. Use this address to login the router again.
Set a New IP Address of the Router
After knowing that the IP 192.168.0.11 can be modified, surely you have thought about how to do it, right? Ok, it’s all good. We will teach you step by step to do that now.
- Log in to the IP x.x.0.11 address as usual and identify yourself. Open the administrator dashboard.
- Click on the tab “Network” on the ADMIN dashboard. Now is the time to find the “LAN” and press it.
- There will be 3 different choices for you. You don’t need to care about the “Subnet Mask” and “MAC address”. Just work with the tab “IP address”.
- At this tab, create changes by inputting the new IP that you desire. And then remember to save progress. Otherwise, you have to do all the steps above again.
Note: Keep in mind that every time you reset your router, the new IP will be removed. This time, the Default Gateway will come back to its very beginning.
Being a “network administrator” of your family is not an easy task, right? While making yourself familiar with this job, probably you have some questions. Here we list all common questions that may bother you during the process
How to Know If My Ip Address Is Private?
Your Internet Protocol is considered private if its number issuing falls into one of these ranges:
- Class A: 10.0.x.x – 10.255.x.x
- Class B: 172.16.x.x – 172.31.x.x
- Class C: 192.168.x.x – 192.168.x.x
Note: x runs from 0 to 255
Does My Private Ip Have Other Names?
The answer is yes. Besides the “Private IP”, it is also known as LAN Internet Protocol, LAN IP, internal network IP, Home Gateway or Default Gateway.
How To Know If Someone Uses My Wlan Without Permission?
Since you have been given access to 192.168.0.11, you can check the activity of your home network. The bandwidth will explain everything. If it runs out too fast, probably your WLAN has been stolen. In that case, try to set a new password for your router.
Why Does My Friend Have 192.168.0.11 As Based Ip But Mine Is Different?
Keep in mind that each router has different based IP. Typically, this IP is given by the manufacturer. But if you want to have the same as your friend’s one, you can log in to the router and make a change to it.
All problems about 192.168.0.11 are now solved! Hopefully, with this article, you can know all useful information about 192.168.0.11. If you have any questions, please contact us or comment below, we will help you as much as possible.
Have a nice day