If you have been using internet- accessed technology devices in public, you must have seen numbers like this: 10.0.0.2 Of course for the majority of users, it’s not necessary for them to pay attention to the above numbers. It is handled by the operating system and you just make sure that you are connected to the internet.
However, if you are really interested in IP addresses, then stay tuned in the following section. This article will provide some information about how the 10.0.0.2 IP address works and ways to solve it in the case of errors.
To access the admin page type
10.0.0.2 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Default Logins for 10.0.0.2
Where is the Login Page for 10.0.0.2?
- Step 1: Go to the browser and type: 10.0.0.2 or http://10.0.0.2/
- Step 2: Enter the user and password to log into the router administration.
From the management menu, select ‘Applications’, then click ‘Select Port Range Forwarding.’
Login is a basic step to tag on your router. There is a sticker that includes all information about the common default username and password. You must write down or remember exactly what is written in a few seconds.
The username and password will be altered once you got wrong 3 times. If time is out, you probably need to reorient your route.
So, be wide-awake. In the circumstances that the sticker is so fuzzy that you can’t see clearly, contacting the provider is the only solution to get back the information.
- Step 3: From the Application Menu, select a DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System).
Related Post: 10.0.0.1 Login Admin
What is 10.0.0.2?
You can realize that the 10.0.0.2 is commonly found in corporate computer networks than in-home networks, where routers often use addresses in the 192.168.x.x string instead.
Different from the Private IP address only used in households, a sequence of numbers like 10.0.0.2 belongs to a Public IP address. In the current social environment, the application of this kind of address in using the internet system to exchange information and sharing documents is indispensable.
How to Find the 10.0.0.2 IP Address?
In most cases, you do not need to know your Public IP address. However, there are also situations that the public IP address becomes ponderous in terms of speed signal.
While there are many ways to do it, the easiest is just to open one of these websites on a smartphone, laptop, desktop computer, or any other devices using a web browser: IP Chicken, WhatsMyIP.org.
Another method is to find your Public IP address through the router’s administration page. It usually appears on your default gateway IP address.
If you have done your best but nothing changes, you can search for a free DDNS service like No-IP.
How to Protect the 10.0.0.2 IP Address?
#1 Hide Public Ip Address
You cannot hide the 10.0.0.2 IP address from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) panel because all your data must move through the ISP before reaching any other address on the Internet.
However, you can hide your IP address from the websites you visit, as well as encrypt all data transfers by filtering them all. You can consider using VPN.
The virtual private network (VPN) can be a good choice as the IP will automatically disconnect internet access whenever the VPN is no more plugged in, so your IP will never be exposed. By the way, you can always do what you want without being stalked, hacked, or attacked.
#2 Change Ip Address
For most users, changing the IP address is something you need to be aware of when using your computer.
After a period, you should make an innovation to your IP address by changing the string of numbers. For example, you can transfer the IP address from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.0.1. It will not make any big impact on your connection. The speed of the internet loading in your area is also more flexible.
There are 5 steps for you to have your IP address changed.
- Step 1: Press “Windows + R” ,then type “ncpa.cpl “ and click OK.
- Step 2: “Network Connections” section appears, you should select the network you are connecting to, then get a right-click and select “Properties”
- Step 3: Go to “WiFi Properties’, select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’
- Step 4: Click “Use” on one of the following IP address: 10.0.0.0.1; 10.0.0.022; 10.0.0.0.45.
- Step 5: Then you can go to Details to check if your IP address has been changed or not.
#3 Build A Firewall
A firewall is a barrier that individuals, organizations, and businesses set up to prevent Internet users from accessing toxic information and prevent outside users from leaking databases.
In other words, a firewall is a device that helps to control access between the public network and the internal network, to ensure safety for the operation of the intranet.
A firewall can help businesses to perform quality management, keep up with wireless network administration, and analyze data trends. It is software that automatically upgrades itself, so you don’t need to do anything.
More than just a tool to protect your IP address, a firewall acts as a comprehensive network device with all the comprehensive features available at any time. It means that when a network problem arises, a firewall can be fixed by itself and users don’t have to replace any software.
You can choose the products as Avira Internet Security, Comodo Firewall because they have a high level of safety and security. However, their prices are quite high.
Risks When Using Public IP Address
No one can deny the fact that a Public IP address in Wifi is handy, but should you use it regularly?
It’s not complicated to reach Public Wifi but it also means that there are security holes for hackers to steal your information. Once your database is stolen, your privacy is no longer in the safe zone. In other words, all your device data, social network accounts can be accessed illegally, including the 10.0.0.2 IP address.
- Location: The hackers will monitor and interfere with the data transferred to and fro on your device connected to Wifi. They can trick users into stealing financial information or installing malicious code on remote computers by directing user’s sites to toxic links. As you can see in the IP location finder, accurate information about your city as well as device and browser information will be displayed. The privacy of yourself will not be ensured as your location has been recorded.
- Browsing: If an IP is revealed, everyone can see what you are doing very easily. And so is your metadata being shared with clandestine organizations.
- Hacked: After knowing your IP, they can easily interfere with your personal data, just like an open window inviting thieves to break-in. Whenever a user steals your network, she/he will slow down the connection, even steal information from your computer or harm your device through the network with a virus.
How to Deal With Problems from Blacklist?
The Blacklist is a website about all IP addresses that regularly lot out spam. Through public IP addresses, the server may fall into a situation where bad guys can take advantage of spam to distribute spam mail in large numbers. Just a little mistake like linking to some spam websites, your email server is easy to spread mails in bulk and accidentally listed on the Blacklist at any time.
1. Check IP Address.
First, you must do a self-check to see whether the server’s IP is listed as a spam organization or not. You should log in to the MxToolBox website, then select Tab Blacklist Check and enter the IP information of the Server, click Check Blacklists.
You will see whether your server’s IP is blacklisted by any organization through different colors as follows:
- Green: This means that the anti-spam organization does not list the server’s IP on its blacklist.
- Red: This means the IP has been blacklisted for that organization.
2. Remove Ip Address From The Blacklist:
Normally, Blacklist organizations when receiving IP removal requests will consider removing them out of the list within 7 days or maybe longer depending on the number of spam messages distributed. So, you need to wait for a while.
In the case that Blacklist does not accept your request, you have to change your IP address.
3. Prevent and overcome the consequences of spam distribution:
- Instead of using the IP address currently in Blacklist, customers can use an additional IP (new and non-blacklist IP) to be able to send mails to continue with their business.
- Change the entire email accounts with a new and complex password.
- Check out the source code with some scanning tools like ClamAV to look for scripts that distribute spams to ensure security.
How to Deal With illegal Access?
- When using an IP address, you need to enter the correct password set. Most IP addresses, not apart from 10.0.0.2 are equipped with WPS, which allows you to connect to the network via a default PIN code.
- The problem is that this PIN code can be decoded and many applications are created to find this PIN code. In fact, the process of detecting and connecting to any IP address only takes a few seconds.
- To overcome this issue, you use a computer or phone connected to your home Internet, then open the browser application.There will be a file. You should enter the IP address, then choose “deactivate” and click the save button.
How to Clean the Modem?
A modem that converts ISP-provided data into an Internet connection for devices connected to the network. Each modem always associates with an IP address.
Users must pay close attention to cleaning, keeping them free of dust and contact with water directly because even a small mistake will make the entire intranet system paralyzed. There are 3 steps that you should follow to keep your modem clean.
- Step 1: Disconnect all electrical connections to ports
Whenever you want to clean this device, make sure all connections are safely disconnected. This will help you to clean easily and quickly.
- Step 2: Use a damp cloth to wipe the surface of the modem
With the characteristics of an electronic device, we should not use water to spray directly as it will cause the internal components to short-circuit.
The best way is to use a damp washcloth to remove dirt clinging to the surface. The modem when used for a long time without being cleaned will lead to dust attaching to the network ports. Once you can not wipe the dust away, the transmission speed will be reduced quickly.
- Step 3: Use a dry towel or dryer to dry quickly
Because the gate and the internal microchip are made of metal, if the water is left, it will cause unpredictable consequences. Water will cause equipment to oxidize quickly; reception and transmission are not guaranteed. Therefore, you should pay attention to ensure the machine is dry in the fastest way.
This is all information about one of the public IP addresses – the 10.0.0.2. Now you have got your most powerful “weapon” in your hands when facing an error in your IP address. If you have any feedback, please let us know by sending emails via messages on Facebook.