Have you ever thought about how to find someone’s exact locations with an IP address? This someone can be your girlfriend, boyfriend, or any of your loved ones. This thought is kind of creepy, but you get the idea! An IP address can help you to find someone’s locations in just a few minutes.
IP Address is a popular definition in the field of information technology, and IP address is short for “Internet Protocol Address”. Every IP address is unique, and many of them are connected together to create the IP network. The IP address can represent a street address, telephone number, or even a unique identity.
How to Find Someone‘s Exact Location With IP Address
The IP addresses that you often see are your computer’s address, your home address, locations of restaurants, cinemas, or places that you have been to time ago. There are several devices that we can use to find the exact location by IP addresses.
Finding Someone’s Exact Location Through IP Address of Mobile Phone
When you connect your phone to the wi-fi network, it means you are signed in to a wireless system with a given digital address called an IP Address. And your phone is defined within this system. This IP address changes quite often as you move to a new place.
Tracking someone’s IP address via their mobile devices can help to find their estimated location only. It will be like tracking the IP on someone’s mobiles by IP of previous sites that they have accessed before.
Using a Website or Tools to Track Location by IP Address
Many websites allow you to access the IP Address such as ultratools.com. Choose “What is your IP” on the left column to see your IP address. If you want to check someone’s IP address, choose “WHOIS IP Lookup Tool” then type the IP number that you want to check up into a blank space, then press “Enter”.
The information might surprise you with someone’s country, region, city, zip code, longitude, and latitude. And what information that you can’t get? It’s a person’s name, their phone number as well as their email address. The most important when using a website to track for location by IP address is you have to know their exact IP address.
Besides websites, you also can use an online tool to check for location via IP address. If people‘s networks are not secured, and their devices are connecting with the wireless system, then you can use online tools to trace their IP address. Many websites are providing this kind of service. Similar to websites, online tools also help you figure out the location of an IP address or location with further information on the IP address.
Accessing a Computer and Using Command Prompt
Command Prompt is the best option if you want to find the IP address in windows devices. All you have to do is typing the link address of the website on the DOS screen then press the enter button.
For example, if you want to look for the IP address of a daily mail magazine, type “ping www.dailymail.co.uk” and press enter. This method also can help you to find your domain location.
If you want to look for someone’s IP address on social media, invite them to chat, next open the Command prompt and type a command. Their IP address will pop-up on your screen.
Via Web Server Logs
A person visits many websites a day to read the news or to look for information. Every time you log in the website, you will leave your IP address there without knowing. These kinds of websites caught your IP address and sent you advertisements on their products. That’s why you see their advertisements everywhere while using the internet.
Getting IP Address Via Emails
Sending and receiving emails is a daily activity for most people. However, sometimes the email headers tell us more information about the sender, including his or her IP address. You might wonder how to find the email headers? Just follow the steps below:
- Open the mail
- There is an arrow next to reply. Click on this arrow icon.
- The new window will pop-up that shows the sender’s IP address and other information.
In some cases, finding the sender’s IP address can help you figure out their location at the time.
Pros and Cons of IP Address
The Importance of IP Address
- Setting up marketing plans for business: Collecting IP addresses from users helps marketers determine their target customers (by age, location, the demand for a particular type of good, etc.). Therefore, marketers can make suitable marketing strategies.
- Preventing cybercriminals and preventing fraudulent transactions. In our modern life, many criminals find holes in the online banking system and attack these systems sneakily. There are cases that card owners don’t buy anything but the transaction still occurs, it means someone else could be using their cards without their permission. In these cases, cybersecurity will check IP’s geolocation and define the location of criminals.
- Verifying threat sources and preventing harmful content on the internet. The internet sometimes is a tool for terrorists and psycho people to create harmful content towards readers on an international scale. Thus, IP‘s Address will help authorities track the trace of the information sources, and prevent them on time.
- Tracking your lost technological devices such as mobile phones, laptops.
- Blocking suspicious emails. Many of us have received spams by suspicious emails. These emails might steal our information, our account to do illegal things. However, cybersecurity specialists can activate geo-blocking for emails coming from IP addresses and this will effectively prevent the risk of dangerous email.
The IP Addresses Could Bring Unwanted Guests to the Front of Your Door
Every day we use many technological devices and leave our footprint there as an IP address. Most of us don’t know that this digital address sometimes can bring us real troubles.
If you are a businessman, then you will have to think seriously about how IP addresses can pose some risks to your business. People who have your IP addresses can track all of your transactions, online business deals. They even can steal money from you without your perception.
Even when you are just a normal person, there are still possibilities for someone to track you. They may be a stalker, a criminal, a stranger who wants to intrude on your privacy just to satisfy his ego. Of course, no one wants his or her all secrets to be exposed to social media.
How to Secure Your IP Address?
Technophobes might find this question a bit overwhelmed. However, if you don’t want people to know exactly where you are at the time, then follow these simple steps:
- Connect to Internet sources that are far away from home, such as the internet of the next house, café, restaurant nearby.
- You can use the Tor network that allows anonymous communication. With the Tor network, you can access digital sites, surf the internet, send messages anonymously.
- You can use a proxy to hide your actual IP address. However, some websites don’t allow proxy access.
Our article somehow tells you how to find someone’s exact location with IP address, everything about the IP address, and what people can do to you with it. However, everything has its pros and cons so is IP address. If you use it for good purposes, then an IP address can support your daily life effectively.
Otherwise, it can lead you to big troubles. People who know your IP address can stalk you, use your bank account without your knowledge. They even can use IP addresses to track your daily activities as well as your business. Our advice is protecting your IP address for your safety and privacy.